The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Really hoping Ferrari are here to challenge. What happened to McLaren? 

Bottas will be drinking a pint of Mercedes tears tonight. Brilliant. 

Imagine if Haas still had Mazepin. Out in Q3. Magnusson will be a real challenge for Schumacher this year. 

Bring on Tomorrow. 

Not sure if I made this up, but every lap he done in Q1/Q2 Gasly seemed to flash up purple in sector 1 then be absolutely miles off the pace by the end of the lap. Did he find a short cut, or am I wrong in thinking purple is fastest in a specific sector?🤔

I had watched FP3 and noticed the Mercedes was a lot closer to RB/Ferrari, turns out they just waited to quali to remove the sandbags.

3 minutes ago, FernandosMonobrow said:

Not sure if I made this up, but every lap he done in Q1/Q2 Gasly seemed to flash up purple in sector 1 then be absolutely miles off the pace by the end of the lap. Did he find a short cut, or am I wrong in thinking purple is fastest in a specific sector?🤔

I had watched FP3 and noticed the Mercedes was a lot closer to RB/Ferrari, turns out they just waited to quali to remove the sandbags.

I saw that too. Think the new graphics fucked up what a purple sector is. At one stage two drivers on screen were both showing purple for sector 2.

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I saw that too. Think the new graphics fucked up what a purple sector is. At one stage two drivers on screen were both showing purple for sector 2.

That would make sense. I noticed in FP3 they had some issues with the graphics, names/positions/times would randomly disappear on the timing list on the left, and for a while Bottas didn't seem to exist at all😂

8 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Screenshot_20220319-192637_Instagram.jpg

Magnussen seems like some boy, and that’s some result for him in a Haas. Schumacher very respectable too. Mazepin must be absolutely spewing, but can’t say I feel too sorry for him. KMag is undoubtedly a better driver, and isn’t relying on sponsorship money for a seat. 

I take it the Drive to Survive cameras are back again for this season? If Magnussen is able to keep that car amongst the higher order on a Sunday, there could be some epic footage in the pipeline.