The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

16 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

yep still crying 

The sheer irony of that alleged Prost quote, a man who had to rely on the influence of Jean-Marie Balestre the stewards to DQ Senna in Japan 1989 in order to win one of his World Championships 😂

Edited by Day of the Lords

1 hour ago, V.Aye.R said:

Excellent, although do we know if he followed anyone previously? 

i think he was following 72 accounts with some of them being the  other drivers, his dog, family members  and other celebs. He also unfollowed the official F1 page about a week ago 

Edited by ajwffc

• 2 weeks later...

Williams' agreement with Precision Hydration ended today, freeing up space for a new 'Energy Drinks' partner. Rich Energy anyone?

Only 51 days to go until Barcelona testing. Ferrari (lauded to be the front runner in new development) unveil their cars between 16th & 18th Feb. I can't wait.

Elsewhere it looks as though Brad Pitt wants to make a movie about F1 where an old racer come s out of retirement to mentor a younger driver 

https://deadline.com/2022/01/brad-pitt-formula-one-racing-movie-apple-top-gun-maverick-joseph-kosinski-jerry-bruckheimer-ehren-kruger-1234887487/

I wonder if they are aware that this is the exact same plot as the god awful 2001 CART themed movie "Driven" 

Whole thing is a shambles. The FIA need to get a handle on it fairly quickly. I think they want to remove Masi, but have no replacement.

Lewis should at least know and be able to make a decision one way or the other at this point. Longer it goes with no announcement you think they are trying to convince him or find a replacement. 

The #LH44 fans on twitter are still having an absolute heads gone having been triggered by DIY presenter Nick Knowles doing his best, 'why isn't the media talking about Lewis'. 

18 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Top trolling from the FIA saying they'll announce the outcome of the report into Abu Dhabi on the day of the first race of the new season

Truth be told, Hamilton coming out saying he will decide after the enquiry was putting a timetable on the enquiry. I reckon they should have gone one stage further and had the results come out just after the first Grand Prix of the season. 

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Channel surfing and I came across The F1 Show on sky sports. The presenter introduced Karun Chandhok and Anthony Davidson. First question: Do you agree that this is the greatest injustice in the history of the sport? 

Dearie me... 

Saw excerpts of it on twitter. I know they’ll just jump on the next British driver with the most points but it’ll be a welcome change when Lewis does go and they have to stop the broken record. 

Aston Martin looking like the first team to unveil their car on 10th Feb. Will be interesting to see how “closed door” closed door testing is, and how much access the media have to the event… will the results and lap times be released?

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Channel surfing and I came across The F1 Show on sky sports. The presenter introduced Karun Chandhok and Anthony Davidson. First question: Do you agree that this is the greatest injustice in the history of the sport? 

Dearie me... 

Brundle was talking a lot of sense on the show I thought. Very balanced and insightful as usual. 

Stuff like the difficulties around the danger from the hybrid system when a car has crashed etc. 

Herbert and Hill came across like little Englanders imo. Probably why they're not commentating live on race day. 

Hamilton has played this brilliantly tbf, at least when it comes to how it will be portrayed by his arse-lickers

He either comes back bravely against all the odds with the whole world against him*, or he is chased out of the sport by people who simply didn't appreciate him for the wonderful hero he is.

*Odds may not be against him in his £40m a year contract with the strongest team in the fastest car.

On 15/01/2022 at 19:15, Uniform11 said:

Saw excerpts of it on twitter. I know they’ll just jump on the next British driver with the most points but it’ll be a welcome change when Lewis does go and they have to stop the broken record. 

Aston Martin looking like the first team to unveil their car on 10th Feb. Will be interesting to see how “closed door” closed door testing is, and how much access the media have to the event… will the results and lap times be released?

It's what I'm looking forward to. Have other teams basically junked 2021 to focus on the 2022 car? Could McLaren, Ferrari or someone else suddenly jump to become title contenders?

Hope they do release the lap times etc. I remember seeing these for the first time in 1998 and the McLaren was like a rocket ship.