The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

This is not a good look for Mercedes.

Would Hamilton really accept this 8th title in this way? He's got the chance to take the moral high ground here and tell Mercedes he doesn't want it in this way.

Can't see it, but for me it would be a no brainer (and I genuinely think the masi has made a giant error). Sometimes things go against you and you have to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Would Hamilton really accept this 8th title in this way? He's got the chance to take the moral high ground here and tell Mercedes he doesn't want it in this way.

Can't see it, but for me it would be a no brainer (and I genuinely think the masi has made a giant error). Sometimes things go against you and you have to deal with it.

There is a lot of money between 1st and 2nd 

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Of course he would, he's an arsehole.

He'd give it the big "well it's not the way I wanted to win it" while running down the pitlane with the trophy

Poor Hamilton and Mercedes. The only fair thing for the FIA to do is step in and annul the result of the race and declare the standings after Saudi to be final. [emoji185]

TBH that would probably be the right outcome if Masi has invented a new rule. The seethe of Max wins on number of race wins though… [emoji1787]

14 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Masi's mistake was not allowing the lapped cars to overtake the safety car sooner. Then he fudged the rules to make up for it.

This is pretty much it. There's no disputing it should have been a safety car , it was already decided before the start that of a car crashed there it would be a SC . He would have got slaughtered if he let the race run out behind the SC so fair play for getting the track cleared and ready to race quickly , if he'd made the call straight away to let the lapped cars through then they would have had plenty time to get back running with the same result and zero (legal) controversy.