The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Masi/ the stewards fucked it again several times during the race. The first time helping Lewis. The second helping Max.

One thing I would say is even if they let the other cars through, surely that would have only taken a handful more seconds and they would have raced the last lap anyway?

Similar to Tiger Woods too. Probably quite a miserable existence as a child, and I'd imagine you'd end up with loads of issues in later life that'll likely lead to going a bit mental, but those issues also drive them to be ridiculously motivated and allow them to gain no pleasure from life unless they are the absolute best at their chosen sport. 
Think i'd maybe prefer a Dad who buys you cans of cider at 15 if i'm honest.
Interesting point, my son does post on here, wondered how many other father / sons do ?

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:

Even if the protest was successful what could they do. Not a redbull issue so couldn't change the race result even if there was something in the regulations that the Director overlooked they couldn't just give Lewis the race now.

I thought that he was close to overtaking before the line a few times but only by a few inches and for fractions of a second , if so surely he reinstated his gap just like Hamilton done on the first lap.  Mercedes the bastion of sporting integrity now trying to find any possible technicality to turn the result around .

Just now, afc_36_0 said:

I think the fia need to stop the radio calls from team principals trying to dictate what they do, that and actually get some folk in who know what there doing
giphy.gif

Been happening for years but this is the first year the tv viewer has been able to hear them that's the difference