The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

On 08/12/2021 at 14:32, scottsdad said:

I remember thinking of him as a genuine grade A bellend. Can't remember why but I just never took to him.

On 08/12/2021 at 17:45, Newbornbairn said:

BBC putting Verstappen forward for Sports Personality of the year. That'll piss off the Hamilton fan bois 

On 08/12/2021 at 17:52, Boo Khaki said:

Always found it odd that there is apparently no requirement to actually possess a personality in order to be nominated.

Every Max win be like : r/formuladank

It was clear after their first runs that Verstappen was taking pole unless Hamilton got a significant tow (even with a tow it would have been very difficult as he'd need a near perfect 1st and 3rd sector).

Lewis hates any kind of interference on his lap though. I think sometimes Mercedes just need to tell him, "No, you're getting a tow from Valterri. Do what the f**k we say!"

Still expecting a collision. The one behind won't care and will throw it up the inside at some point, irrespective of the consequences.

15 minutes ago, charger29 said:

It was clear after their first runs that Verstappen was taking pole unless Hamilton got a significant tow (even with a tow it would have been very difficult as he'd need a near perfect 1st and 3rd sector).

Lewis hates any kind of interference on his lap though. I think sometimes Mercedes just need to tell him, "No, you're getting a tow from Valterri. Do what the f**k we say!"

Still expecting a collision. The one behind won't care and will throw it up the inside at some point, irrespective of the consequences.

The consequences for Hamilton would be he loses the championship on races won so he will have a very big incentive to not do that.

The consequences for Hamilton would be he loses the championship on races won so he will have a very big incentive to not do that.

If he does nothing and waits for a Verstappen mistake he'll finish 2nd anyway. A random lunge will come if they're close and the driver behind feels they have no choice (last 10-15 laps).