The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Very clearly a racing incident with no one party more to blame than the other. However, using the Horner's argument from Silverstone, at no point was Max ahead there.

Correct, if roles were reversed does anyone think verstappen would have left room there? I think lewis might have backed out if he was in verstappen’s shoes.

If anyone is at fault it’s Lewis but it’s marginal, basically the very definition of a racing incident, they were both at it.

I guess it shouldn’t make TOO much of a difference with Max as I think it was pretty much a certainty that they’d be taking an engine penalty at Sochi, this all but settles that.

If anyone is at fault it’s Lewis but it’s marginal, basically the very definition of a racing incident, they were both at it.

I guess it shouldn’t make TOO much of a difference with Max as I think it was pretty much a certainty that they’d be taking an engine penalty at Sochi, this all but settles that.
Sochi is the most boring track on the calendar, worse than Monaco. Passing is severely limited so making up the places the penalty cost him will hurt him. He probably needs to qualify fastest and hope Hamilton isn't any higher than 3rd.

There's something of Verstappen that remains childish and whilst that might seem to be advantageous, it does come with an elevated level of risk.

That he walked away from that without any apparent esprit de corps looks more than a bit poor for him.

11 minutes ago, sophia said:

There's something of Verstappen that remains childish and whilst that might seem to be advantageous, it does come with an elevated level of risk.

That he walked away from that without any apparent esprit de corps looks more than a bit poor for him.

wut. Hamilton was moving inside the car and even trying to reverse it out of the gravel (while Verstappen was still getting out of his car, as well).

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

wut. Hamilton was moving inside the car and even trying to reverse it out of the gravel (while Verstappen was still getting out of his car, as well).

I know that as I have a reasonable power of observation.

There was something quite off about this and other incidents that I feel very uncomfortable with.

I say this as an admirer of him in general terms.

As Coulthard said, if there was a wall, he might have another idea on his approach.