The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

I’d hope the stewards take into consideration the competitiveness between the drivers, both would of backed out if it was another driver IMO and neither did anything particularly bad.  Grid penalties etc would take away from the the spectacle of the sport.  Closest contest we’ve had in years,  let them go head to head.

Class from mclaren, on this occasion i think it was more max’s fault, lewis had the inside line. I think to become a champion max needs to learn when to fight and when to back out of it. A similar incident to turn 1 in imola when hamilton went across the kerb to avoid contact with max

4 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Class from mclaren, on this occasion i think it was more max’s fault, lewis had the inside line. I think to become a champion max needs to learn when to fight and when to back out of it. A similar incident to turn 1 in imola when hamilton went across the kerb to avoid contact with max

I think that is the right conclusion. Hamilton was first into the corner and should be able to take any line he chooses but that isn't the rules. Max can throw his car down the outside and as long as he gets alongside Hamilton he has to be given space on the track coming out the chicane