The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

He flat spotted his tyres like a clown in the first few laps tbh.

He did but bizarrely it worked for them by putting him into clean air before others did. 

Perez and Norris getting a little bit fighty. 

Boxing Bottas for new tyres with 3 to go and telling him not to go for fastest lap. I'd go for it if I was Bottas.

15 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

First time i've ever recorded and watched qualy highlights on Channel4 as I was out and not on usual IPTV and it was very impressive. I was always under the impression Ben Edwards did the commentary and at the end do they always plug the race being live on Sky Sports F1? Loving the wild camber at this track can see carnage at the first corner and multiple red flags.

Edwards retired at the end of last season.

WTF happened in that interview with Russell,  interviewer and him broke down into laughter over absolutely nothing funny.

The lando one?

He said ‘blowy’ and then immediately realised he’s going to get ripped for it in his own immature way. Pretty funny I thought tbh.

11 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

The lando one?

He said ‘blowy’ and then immediately realised he’s going to get ripped for it in his own immature way. Pretty funny I thought tbh.

Oops.  Even my immature teenage mind wouldn’t fund blowy as funny, wasn’t really a trigger word for me as a teen.  If that’s considered funny then every time they said the track was wet would cause laughter.

Also Hamilton deserves a kick in the baws,   every single race he doesn’t win is the team’s fault, aye he’s a shit hot driver, but he needs to recognise he has a shit hot team behind him, He’d break down something ridiculous if a strategist called his driving out in a similar way to how he does the team

Edited by parsforlife

30 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

9 race wins from 5 seasons in one of the most dominant F1 cars of all time is a pretty poor return. He was lucky not to have been sacked after his clownshoes performance at Turkey last season.

Agreed, not done enough. That was a terrible race from him but the Italian GP was as bad. 

I just think he's been too inconsistent. He's a decent enough driver, but not good enough to challenge Lewis. He is an Eddie Irvine to Schumacher. 

Another one that needs a good look at themselves is Perez. Red bull hired him to mix it at the front with Hamilton and Bottas, and to help them win the constructors championship. But he keeps shitting the bed in qualifying and ending up fighting his way through to the mid-points positions. He should be qualifying regularly in the top 6.

Qualifying this year:

2nd (1)

3rd (1)

4th (3)

6th (1)

7th (1)

8th (1)

9th (1)

11th (1)

20th (2)