The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

And unsurprisingly Bottas makes a c**t of it trying to slow Max down

Bottas called i the strategy and he was ignored by Merc tbf 

Edited by doulikefish

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's fair, I was a bit harsh on Bottas.

Still funny though

Red Bull have basically out Merced Merc brilliant by them leaving Checo out and getting him a podium aswell 

21 hours ago, Stu said:

Probably as well for Schumacher that Mazepin is there to take the focus off his equally poor performances.

Mazepin only 10 seconds behind Schumacher by the end, he must be getting better.

Fantastic performance from the McLarens today too, hopefully Ricciardo's getting the hang of the car.

31 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Sky describing that as a “thrilling” race. Apart from an intense last few laps I personally thought it was another snooze fest

There was definitely enough interest to make it better than a snooze fest - you weren't sure who was going to win. Before the pit stops the frontrunners did have gaps between them but the midfield was interesting as well, and then basically halfway through the race you had the top 3 within a couple of seconds having made their stops. The tension came from the different strategies rather than cars sticking together - more like a cricket match where one side sets their target and the other has to chase.

A normally reserved Mick Schumacher had a real go at Mazepin in an interview with SkySports Germany.

I’m looking forward to his radio after the early incident especially after his rant in Baku. Clearly not all good at Haas.

Full capacity allowed for Silverstone

I've only recently got into F1 but got a real notion for actually going to a grand prix, has anyone ever went (not just Silverstone)? Is it worth going for the full weekend passes? 

Seems quite expensive so I'd want to do it right, whenever it may be. Probably next year or something.

Edited by #Gary

11 hours ago, #Gary said:

Full capacity allowed for Silverstone

I've only recently got into F1 but got a real notion for actually going to a grand prix, has anyone ever went (not just Silverstone)? Is it worth going for the full weekend passes? 

Seems quite expensive so I'd want to do it right, whenever it may be. Probably next year or something.

Worth doing at some point in your life. First time I went was as part of a family holiday down south, so only attended on the Friday (cheaper and you can move around the circuit). Enjoyed it so came back the following year for the whole weekend - including camping, which was fun as we pitched up near some other Scots who go down every year. Grandstand seat, otherwise all the best general admission spots are going to be taking by those queuing up with their chairs at silly o'clock to get in. 

But if you've never been to a live motorsport event before then it's definitely worth going to Knockhill first (or down to Croft in North Yorkshire), either for a smaller race meeting or the BTCC, will be much cheaper than F1 and more accessible.

Edited by Ginaro

Singapore cancelled and being replaced by Turkey and with moto gp being cancelled in Japan surely it's only a matter of time before it gets cancelled aswell

As for Silverstone the prices are beyond a joke now ..wait until we can travel again and take in a race further afield you will spend less and be less pissed off when the weekend "special" is £10 for a burger and a coke 

Edited by doulikefish

30 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mick Schumacher is off to Alfa Romeo next season.

I take it also that Mazapin will be missing races due to national service?

His old is minted...rich Russians don't have to do national service