The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Monaco and Mazepin what can go wrong [emoji23]
A daft Mazepin spin to get firmly stuck in the hairpin would be amusing though as the chaos that would follow would be amusing.
Kind of praying that Russian fraud does something like that.
This is my favourite of many simulations that have been done predicting his exit this weekend

I know I say this every year but even though the racing itself is boring, there’s something special about seeing F1 cars on the streets of Monaco.

I agree but the circuit has never been great for overtaking and has been made even harder with the size of these cars now. It’s probably a lot easier said than done but even if they could modify the track to get 1 decent straight/overtaking opportunity that would make such a difference

I agree but the circuit has never been great for overtaken and has now been made even harder with the size of these cars now. It’s probably a lot easier said than done but even if they could modify the track to get 1 decent straight/overtaking opportunity that would make such a difference
I always remember back in the early 90s watching overtakes down into the hairpin. That doesn't seem to happen much anymore.

10 hours ago, jaggyness said:
10 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

I agree but the circuit has never been great for overtaken and has now been made even harder with the size of these cars now. It’s probably a lot easier said than done but even if they could modify the track to get 1 decent straight/overtaking opportunity that would make such a difference

I always remember back in the early 90s watching overtakes down into the hairpin. That doesn't seem to happen much anymore.

I’d imagine the cars are more fragile now and you can’t just “stick one down the inside” without losing your front wing.

On 21/05/2021 at 09:52, jaggyness said:
On 21/05/2021 at 09:09, afc_36_0 said:

Funnily enough I was looking at the previous race highlights and there was Leclerc passing at the hairpin :)

Edited by Ginaro

Just now, virginton said:

Trying to lap Mazepin looks like being the curve ball in this race. I'm expecting at least one points scorer to get sent into the wall.

Some effort from Mazepin to get a warning for exceeding track limits on a track with walls all over the place.