The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Hamilton was fantastic in that final stint, but Verstappen blew that.

Bit harsh, Verstappen made one mistake but Hamilton had a lock-up too. Hamilton's defending was legendary, he used every ounce of his guile and was doubtless using his ERS and overtake button very carefully. If there's one thing that cost Red Bull it was leaving Verstappen out after Hamilton's first pit stop.

Map of changes to the Australian Open Grand Prix track#

They're changing the Australian layout a bit. I'm not really sure how any of these changes will aid overtaking. 

It's a shame; I reckon I've done more laps around Melbourne than any other circuit on various F1 games.

Never understood why Melbourne escapes criticism. It can only be because of the spectacle of normally holding the season opener, but it's an absolutely terrible circuit, as dull as ditchwater, and I wouldn't miss it for one moment if it disappeared for good.

_117801322_whatsubject.jpg&key=1631bdd5971210726aab8ded9d2602e8eb86ded685171acc681dc42ad05e8ae4#

They're changing the Australian layout a bit. I'm not really sure how any of these changes will aid overtaking. 
It's a shame; I reckon I've done more laps around Melbourne than any other circuit on various F1 games.
The smooth flowing curves now instead of the 9/10 chicane should allow slipstreaming from about turn 5 through to the braking point for 13, in fact for years (decades?) I've seen the street follow that line while the F1 track cut off into that awkward tight right hander and wish they just used that as the track instead. A few other corners widened to allow different lines should help but I guess no one will know for sure I untill it's actually driven on. Will be interesting seeing it raced when the cars are all well developed instead of being the season opener.

• 2 weeks later...
Friday morning and Mazepin bins it again. Netflix will be rubbing their hands, this could be the best DTS season yet.
I'm late to the dts party, and started at series 3 - but it's really hot me interested in f1 again. It's a brilliant show.

Gutted Norris got his time removed but rules are rules I suppose. Bottas showing again how much of a jobber he is, always amuses me when he thinks he’s the man with his “to whom it may concern“ radio messages when Lewis and Max have an off day and he takes the pole/win.