The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Sky are showing episodes from the first two series of Drive to Survive every night at 9.30 until the 23rd. https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12245723/drive-to-survive-on-sky-sports-f1-seasons-one-and-two-of-netflix-original-series-start-on-march-14
I don't have Netflix, so this is the first time I've seen it. It's nice to go back to a time when Haas were lovable underdogs and weren't employing millionaire sex pests.

Great series, worth it for guenther steiner alone

I'm really enjoying Drive to Survive. I forgot how good Ricciardo's drive at Hungary in 2018 was and Bottas blatantly punting him off.

Horner and Cyril's awkward interaction before the engine press conference was toe curling.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

If Deladda is miles off the pace in F2 and ends up in F1 next season, I'm giving up. So many talented drivers out there better miles better qualified and ones who don't act like an arse on the public roads and make a video about it.

No idea the answer to your questions, but wouldn't he need to finish in the top 3 in F2 to get an F1 Super Licence? Even over the course of three seasons he'd need to finish 5th-6th.

Maybe we have been spoiled over the past few seasons, but I thought the F2 sprint race this morning was a bit dull. Ticktum managed to pick up a 5 second penalty and didn't throw a strop over it. The next sprint race is after F1 qualifying this afternoon, with the starting grid being the reverse of the top 10 finishers from the first race.

52 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The criteria met for getting into F2, There's a criteria for F1 but F2?

i assume now that a 25 stone truck driver can now race in F2 if he is wealthy and has raced in a number of races on the ladder?

Aye, but you were saying "if he turns up in F1 next year" and he'd have to do very well to be allowed to do that.

I presume there must be some sort of entry requirement for F2 for safety, presumably it's enough to compete in lower series and not, y'know, kill anyone.