The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

I think getting into Q3 and keeping race pace with RP/McLaren/Renault would be a decent weekend for him.

It could be a difficult race for him if the weird layout makes overtaking difficult, especially with the Mercedes being crap in dirty air. Qualifying might also be mental with sub 54 second laps being predicted.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think getting into Q3 and keeping race pace with RP/McLaren/Renault would be a decent weekend for him.

Surely if the Hamilton haters are correct and it’s the Mercedes car that wins all the races and not the driver, it’s an easy 1-2 and a fight to see who gets the top step on the podium?

It could be a difficult race for him if the weird layout makes overtaking difficult, especially with the Mercedes being crap in dirty air. Qualifying might also be mental with sub 54 second laps being predicted.
How many laps are they running if they can knock one off in less than a minute?

5 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

5 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

87! :lol:

What is expected to happen on this track? Reliability issues due full throttle for so much of the lap? Lots of blue flags?

Seeing Verstappen as the fairly comfortable favourite is a bit of a surprise to me. I figured Bottas would be similar or lower odds.

I think bottas has come back each season with a good attitude being positive but i have the feeling hamilton has now broken him. Fair play to russell even though its just fp1 I’ve always like him and he will surely get a permanent drive in the merc sooner or later

Just been watching a video about the safety features in lieu of the Grosjean accident. Thought occurred to me, surely with the track producing sub one minute laps, there's s chance they'll catch the medical car before it completes the first lap?

Just been watching a video about the safety features in lieu of the Grosjean accident. Thought occurred to me, surely with the track producing sub one minute laps, there's s chance they'll catch the medical car before it completes the first lap?
Never thought of that, tho I guess there's a few places where the sc can pull off for a shortcut back to the pits.