The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Hamilton got pretty lucky with the safety car coming out, but I suppose he got screwed by it/his team messing up at Monza. Fairly sure in the past the Sky commentary team have moaned when he got done out of a win in similar circumstances, funny they were pretty quiet about that today.

Would be a bit pissed off if I was Bottas. Tried to go on different tyres last week and was told no, yet Hamilton can take an entirely different strategy today. Would have been interesting to see if he'd have come out ahead without the safety car.

And Albon, deary me. Red Bull probably isn't the most comfortable environment for the number two driver, as Gasly showed last year, but the lad really isn't helping himself.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hamilton got pretty lucky with the safety car coming out, but I suppose he got screwed by it/his team messing up at Monza. Fairly sure in the past the Sky commentary team have moaned when he got done out of a win in similar circumstances, funny they were pretty quiet about that today.

Would be a bit pissed off if I was Bottas. Tried to go on different tyres last week and was told no, yet Hamilton can take an entirely different strategy today. Would have been interesting to see if he'd have come out ahead without the safety car.

And Albon, deary me. Red Bull probably isn't the most comfortable environment for the number two driver, as Gasly showed last year, but the lad really isn't helping himself.

The gap was about 27 seconds to Max before the VSC, so Lewis might've got the job done even without the VSC - if not he'd have fresher tyres anyway. The luckiest part was that the VSC was a short one and basically lasted the length of his pit stop!

Hamilton's different strategy was mostly because Bottas was covering the undercut as Max pitted first. Last week it turns out the team were right as the soft tyre didn't work as well as the hard.

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

I think he'd have been just ahead without the VSC, would have been close though.

I think the difference with last week is that firstly, the softs were shite last week, so that would have been an awful move for them, and secondly, they were 1 & 3 this week and trying to get Hamilton past Max. I think it was a case of secure the 1-2 first and foremost today.

Aye, suppose Verstappen was more of a factor this week so they had to cover him off. You just know Hamilton would have been whining had the roles been reversed.

On the tyres last week, maybe teams should be banned from being able to tell drivers during the race that the compound they want is the wrong one. Would make it more interesting if they had to find out for themselves. Obviously it's different if its about changing tyres because its started/stopped raining!

On 01/11/2020 at 13:27, Gianfranco said:

George Russell is a jobber.

On 01/11/2020 at 13:31, Mark Connolly said:

He's like the second coming of Jolyon Palmer.

On 01/11/2020 at 13:39, Iminavest said:

Add Stroll & Albon to that list, awful. 

YOU ALL STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY AND LEAVE HIM ALONE.