The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

So what's the story? It's basically last years Mercedes with different paint on it?

Basically yeah, they haven’t denied copying last year’s Merc car but they are saying it’s legal as there’s certain parts that can be copied. As @doulikefish mentioned above, they have impounded parts of their car (brake ducts and rear wing (?)) and also asked Mercedes for the same part on last year’s to make sure they aren’t the same.

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Vettel to replace Perez at RP/Aston Martin rumours seem to be gaining traction.

I actually quite like Lance Stroll, but it would be a farce if Perez is the one out of a drive next season.

I think if Perez were dropped by RP we would quickly be snapped up by either Haas or even williams. Both in need of cash and Perez comes with a good bit of backing. He won't go without a seat.

On 15/07/2020 at 22:03, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Vettel to replace Perez at RP/Aston Martin rumours seem to be gaining traction.

I actually quite like Lance Stroll, but it would be a farce if Perez is the one out of a drive next season.

I can’t see Stroll being dropped from that team while his dad is in charge, unless he moves to one of the top three teams.

I see RP were 3rd and 4th in first practice this morning, let’s see if they can keep it up.

3 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

This season could be the worst yet in terms of mercedes dominance. On the plus side behind the red bull, ferrari, racing point and mclaren all seem to be close

I cant wait for the reg changes and spending caps to come in to play, a shame its been pushed back a year but I'm hopeful it will lend to more competitive racing.