The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

50 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

What are the odds of Renault ending up being tremendous when Danny Ric leaves?

I wouldn't be overly surprised if there wasn't a Renault in F1 in 2021 given the current situation. They may end up signing Vettel or Alonso purely to show the higher up management in the Renault group they mean business.

I seem to remember that Renault were one of the teams that pulled out of F1 fairly swiftly after the 2008 crisis. I think Honda and Toyota pulled out for similar reasons. I could also see Mercedes calling it a day after 2021.

Hopefully we can get some mental Braun style winner in 2022 as a result of all this.

• 2 weeks later...

Sky have launched a new documentaries channel. Among the stuff on it is the Bruce McLaren film that came out a few years ago and a Ferrari one about the Peter Collins/Mike Hawthorn era.

Both on demand so watch at your leisure.

Edited by Stu

All behind closed doors but at least there will be some racing.Double header to spa/monza cancelled for me.I knew i wouldnt be going but i held on just in case and now to find out whats happening with the race tickets I had purchased 

IMG_20200602_101951.jpg

Good to have something set in stone, find it a bit strange that for the races in Austria and Silverstone they need two, three day weekends. Surely they don’t need any practice during the second weekend and can go straight into qualifying mode?

5 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Good to have something set in stone, find it a bit strange that for the races in Austria and Silverstone they need two, three day weekends. Surely they don’t need any practice during the second weekend and can go straight into qualifying mode?

Yeah i agree but i think its more to do with the fact that the teams will all be there basically living at the track so may as well go for a whole weekend as normal 

• 2 weeks later...