The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

So I watched it and I really wasn't impressed.  I felt as if the commentators (and I know they are doing their job) were hyping it more than they should during the race.  It was ok in terms of the current seasons standard however compared to historic F1 just not good enough.
Considering scrapping Sky, not due to this race, and F1 would be the main thing stopping me doing this but if the racing keeps up like this it will be an easy decision to make.  I would probably pay for the F1 network or whatever it is called right enough.
I watched the Indy 500 race last night though which was pretty good.
PS - Does anyone else feel that Crofty (or Sky production crew) have lost a step this year.  From the very first race I've noticed a lot of errors.  On Sunday it was the big excitement about Alex Albon going round Kimi only for, what seemed like forever, they eventually realised it was Kyvat?  Appreciate they will have a million things on their mind but surely not too hard to check the race order and work out that Albon was nowhere near Kimi on track.
Do you mean the Indy GP last Saturday? The Indy 500 is at the end of May.

Interlagos binned from 2020, new track to be built in Rio. Hopefully that muppet Tilke is nowhere near it.

A bit gutted; a lot of classic races in my time watching F1 have been there.

Interlagos binned from 2020, new track to be built in Rio. Hopefully that muppet Tilke is nowhere near it.
A bit gutted; a lot of classic races in my time watching F1 have been there.

If this is the case then I’m raging, love Interlagos.

Where are the going to put a new track in Rio ? The old track was bulldozed for the olympic village.Only place it can go is out the north of the city up from the Barra Bahia and its swampland ffs no way will it be ready for next year

I’ve been saying for years now surely theres a way of changing the track to even just have 1 good overtaking opportunity. U could pretty much start on pole in a milk float and still win the race
As Clive James once said, Monaco makes a nice change from Grand Prix racing