The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

C4 are allowed less time for race action now, and there are more restrictions on what C4 can broadcast in terms of interviews, etc. https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2019/03/13/stefano-domenicalli-joins-channel-4s-f1-team/

To top it all off, I caught the end of the qualifying broadcast and they said "you can watch the race live on Sky Sports" :(

I've been enjoying the Channel 4 coverage this year. Every advert break you get an advert for Sky Sports, but it's the one for Now TV that's my favourite. Watch the whole season live for just £195! Aye, okay then. 

There was an article on the BBC website about this at the start of the year and I think it said Sky now accounts for about 20% of all the revenue F1 makes, which is ridiculous.

My first post here since Australia but I’ve been quite disappointed by F1 this year and I’m a complete fanboy for anything I like.

Only real positive has been the resurgence of McLaren with Norris being especially impressive.

I was hoping for a lot more from Renault this year but it’s just not clicking for them and Ferrari get everything wrong when it matters which is the complete opposite of Mercedes.

Hopefully Bottas can continue to fight and we will get a Merc title shoot-out.

Last time anyone won a race outside the top 3 teams was way back in 2013 [emoji30] .

On 01/05/2019 at 11:51, Dindeleux said:

Last time anyone won a race outside the top 3 teams was way back in 2013 emoji30.png .

That’s quite a brilliant stat right there. Let me guess (without looking...) it was Kimi for Renault in Melbourne?

That’s quite a brilliant stat right there. Let me guess (without looking...) it was Kimi for Renault in Melbourne?

Button for McLaren I think. Feel bad even naming McLaren outside the top 3 but that’s the way it’s been for the last 5 years.

Before that was Maldonado in Spain 2012.

2 hours ago, IainMorton said:

38 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Button for McLaren I think. Feel bad even naming McLaren outside the top 3 but that’s the way it’s been for the last 5 years.

Before that was Maldonado in Spain 2012.

In 2013 it was Kimi in Melbourne in the opening round (and the only round that Vettel was not op the rankings)

before that was Kimi at Adu Dhabi (round 18)  in 2012 Maldonado in Spain(round 5) was the one before that.

McLaren last had a driver win a race in 2012 with Button winning the last race of the season and it was also their last season to finish in the top 3 

In 2013 it was Kimi in Melbourne in the opening round (and the only round that Vettel was not op the rankings)
before that was Kimi at Adu Dhabi (round 18)  in 2012 Maldonado in Spain(round 5) was the one before that.
McLaren last had a driver win a race in 2012 with Button winning the last race of the season and it was also their last season to finish in the top 3 
Respect[emoji106]

44 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
3 hours ago, IainMorton said:
Seb had enough of Ferrari already?
4FDFC1E2-E3C1-445D-9EA6-F7D13F19BC83.thumb.jpeg.ee9ef782be4b3ffeec6be3c3f87de543.jpeg

No it is Mercedes cheating by having a third car

Yep even with the same car he can’t beat Lewis and Valtteri... :) 

I'm seriously considering not watching this boring crap today. Never thought I'd say that after watching for 40 odd years.

I used to arrange my sunday’s around f1 but even after buying the sky f1 channel im just not bothered anymore. I’ll watch it later and even then it might just be highlights.

The classic f1 races are the best thing about the sky f1 channel so far

I used to arrange my sunday’s around f1 but even after buying the sky f1 channel im just not bothered anymore. I’ll watch it later and even then it might just be highlights.

The classic f1 races are the best thing about the sky f1 channel so far

I’m still watching it, in the bad books for leaving the missus and baby on their own.

I'm seriously considering not watching this boring crap today. Never thought I'd say that after watching for 40 odd years.
Not for a moment suggesting we should go back to the days where there was a risk of a driver getting killed most weeks, but this season has been tedious as f**k so far.

On 5/12/2019 at 14:00, Dindeleux said:

I’m still watching it, in the bad books for leaving the missus and baby on their own.

So I watched it and I really wasn't impressed.  I felt as if the commentators (and I know they are doing their job) were hyping it more than they should during the race.  It was ok in terms of the current seasons standard however compared to historic F1 just not good enough.

Considering scrapping Sky, not due to this race, and F1 would be the main thing stopping me doing this but if the racing keeps up like this it will be an easy decision to make.  I would probably pay for the F1 network or whatever it is called right enough.

I watched the Indy 500 race last night though which was pretty good.

PS - Does anyone else feel that Crofty (or Sky production crew) have lost a step this year.  From the very first race I've noticed a lot of errors.  On Sunday it was the big excitement about Alex Albon going round Kimi only for, what seemed like forever, they eventually realised it was Kyvat?  Appreciate they will have a million things on their mind but surely not too hard to check the race order and work out that Albon was nowhere near Kimi on track.

21 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Ferrari’s pit stops today were shocking. I understand Mercedes have the best car and that but It’s a total procession already.

As was mentioned during the race winter testing was only 10 weeks ago and Ferrari seem to have gone backwards at almost Williams level of nonsense.