The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Watched the race replay when I got up on Sunday.  Pretty dull.  I fear this season will be the same as the last 5 or 6 years where I watch the first few races then give up.

The Netflix documentary series, however is fantastic and much more watchable than the races themselves.

The Netflix documentary series, however is fantastic and much more watchable than the races themselves.

I’ll second this. Shows a lot more behind the scenes stuff and im actually glad ferrari or merc didn’t participate, good to see what goes on at the smaller teams

2 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

I’ll second this. Shows a lot more behind the scenes stuff and im actually glad ferrari or merc didn’t participate, good to see what goes on at the smaller teams

Yep, them not taking part I think made it far more interesting.  I finished the series last night and I really hope they do another one covering this season.

There's nothing like watching an Australian GP at Melbourne to make me pine for Adelaide. What a circuit that was.

I don’t actually know why but I love the Albert Park circuit.

As for race it was just a bit meh. I agreed with the commentary though around the midfield being so tight that we could get some good battles at other tracks this year.

Yep, them not taking part I think made it far more interesting.  I finished the series last night and I really hope they do another one covering this season.
I read somewhere that the crews were filming from the Barcelona pre season tests although this year's deal hadn't been finalised yet.

On 19/03/2019 at 09:10, KnightswoodBear said:

Watched the race replay when I got up on Sunday.  Pretty dull.  I fear this season will be the same as the last 5 or 6 years where I watch the first few races then give up.

I also think it makes this season more interesting when you know how deep the Rivalries between Red Bull/Renault and Magnesson/Hulkenburg go.

Impressive stuff from Leclerc to take a maiden pole position, 0.3 of a second ahead of Vettel. Vettel had to use extra tyres in the second session, so only had 1 lap in Q3. Hamilton and Bottas 3rd and 4th, Haas did well with Magnusson 6th and Grosjean initially 8th, but penalised 3 places for obstructing Norris who was 10th, but now moves up to 9th. Both McLarens in the top 10. Gasly went out in Q2 as both Red Bulls toiled.

What a great race. Gutted for Leclerc after an almost perfect weekend. It was worth the poor start to see him put that move on Vettel. He’s already a superstar and I can easily see him now being the main focus for Ferrari going forward with his age, talent and maturity. Not to mention Vettel making regular errors.

Hamilton put in another great performance and kept the head during a bad stint. Put Bottas back in his box a bit in the early stages after Australia.

Also promising to see the midfield looking closer to the front teams than they’ve been and McLaren taking a step forward. Norris looking very good again.

On 31/03/2019 at 19:13, BerwickMad said:

What a great race. Gutted for Leclerc after an almost perfect weekend. It was worth the poor start to see him put that move on Vettel. He’s already a superstar and I can easily see him now being the main focus for Ferrari going forward with his age, talent and maturity. Not to mention Vettel making regular errors.

Hamilton put in another great performance and kept the head during a bad stint. Put Bottas back in his box a bit in the early stages after Australia.

Also promising to see the midfield looking closer to the front teams than they’ve been and McLaren taking a step forward. Norris looking very good again.

Would have been interesting to see what Sainz could have done (or Norris with a decent start). Sainz seemed to have the legs on Max but i think the move he pulled was a bit risky. If they did have the legs on the RB, there's a chance he'd have caught LeClerc before the SC. Coulda, shoulda, woulda I know, but definitely promising