East Fife v Stranraer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was not good.
The only good thing to come from this experiment in format is that it didn’t work and we know that- and other teams around us didn’t take advantage.We have been 2 up and 3 up and only got one point.

Smith doesn’t have the legs to play up front on his own .He has the guile but needs support.

We have a left back that cant do his first job- defend. Our best goalkeeper is on the bench. Kyle played wonderful and probably tired but our midfield lacks energy. Our best central defenders are kane and meggatt and they need to play when both available( Dunlop is not hard enough for this league as a CB- terrible error today and run ragged last week)

Need to play 2 up front- Need Dowds back playing upfront .We need to get back to the format and team that went 8 in a row with modifications like brining in Kyle Bell.

Afraid Manager needs to accept that his experiment didn’t work. The good news was the performance of Kyle Bell.
Wtf are we experimenting when we had a tried and tested team and formation that was so successful? AND , all that team were available today. That's 2 weeks in a row he has reverted to a defensive formation at home, against teams down the league. We were only 2 up at halftime because Stranraer didn't have a finisher. Could easily have been 2-2 . False sense of security , andNd the management didn't even see it.

That can only be described as a defensive calamity. No matter what level of football amateur,junior or professional if you make defensive howlers like that it is impossible to win a game of football. Like the rest of the fans the way we set up was criminal. Kevin Smith up top himself with no one within 10 yards of him. We basically invited Stranraer onto us, and were fortunate to still be in the game before we scored. On the run of play 2 nil flattered us at the break. But did we learn no ,Stranraer started the 2nd half strongly, but when we scored again you would have thought that was that. But no East Fife’s central defenders had other ideas and between the two of them they made mistakes you wouldn’t expect to see at an under 12s game. Fling in an unchallenged header for the umpteenth time during the game, and to say you feel let down would be an understatement. Bell Dunsmore and Kevin Smith were the best for the Fife. A rollercoaster of a match  but if we have any thoughts of being in the top 4 in May you simply can’t surrender 2 and 3 goal leads every other week Really need to tighten up at the back or the sense of dissapointment  will hang around like a bad smell. We need to be made of stronger stuff and learn how to see a game through.

3-0 up and you draw - feels devastating
3-0 down and you draw - feels fanbloodytastic

Well that was entertaining. At 2-0 down we brought on Ando, started playing on the deck and promptly lost another goal. 3-0 - game over!

Except it wasn’t. After Cummins - who actually had an awful game - scored from the spot I always felt that we might just get something. The subs made a massive difference - Ando, Cameron and McGowan - and young Innes Cameron did what everyone else failed to do and steered a header under the bar to make it 3-2. Chaos on the edge of the box and we were desperate for another penalty - ref consults with linesman with the upshot a red card for a home player and a free-kick right on the edge of the box. Up stepped Chris McGowan with a fantastic dead ball to end the scoring. Not the end of the action though as Cummins felt it was time to do something along the lines of a GIRFUY to the home team - straight red and I thought Faz was going to have a seizure on the touchline!

Would have settled happily for a point at the start - we got it in great style, but how to make it bloody difficult for ourselves!!

Where do you start !! The starting line up was one that no-one other than Darren Young would have thought of ! My initial thought was it could be either a tactical master stroke or an absolute disaster - it was both !! Playing 4-1-4-1 saw us take a two goal lead without having created many clear cut chances. Agnew had a great chance to put us three up but scooped the ball over the bar from 8 yards.
Stranraer started the second half with more purpose but we looked dangerous going forward. When McBride stood up a cross to the back post for Craig Watson to head home it looked like game over ! When Kev Smith came off, I feel we lost a bit of guile and ability to hold the ball up and bring players into the game. The other two substitutions were bizarre to be honest. When Stranraer pulled a goal back from the penalty, we should have had enough to see the game out by changing the set up, but we continued the way we were and Stranraer pushed us back and if I’m being honest I wasn’t that surprised when the drew level. Fair play to Stranraer, they saw a chance and got their tactics spot on to get back in the game. We were tactically naive and started to panic with no-one prepared to get their foot on the ball and make passes.
Where do we go from here ?
Losing Meggatt for probably 2 games is a massive blow as we look far better with him in the team. Nothing against McDowall but we need Brett Long back in the sticks.
At Stenny next week, I’d go with

Long
Dunsmore Watson. Dunlop. Linton
Davidson. Agnew.
Currie. Bell. Smith
Dowds

We need to get 3 points next week otherwise we’ll be sucked back into the pack and confidence will go making it a long hard winter.

57 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

3-0 up and you draw - feels devastating
3-0 down and you draw - feels fanbloodytastic

Well that was entertaining. At 2-0 down we brought on Ando, started playing on the deck and promptly lost another goal. 3-0 - game over!

Except it wasn’t. After Cummins - who actually had an awful game - scored from the spot I always felt that we might just get something. The subs made a massive difference - Ando, Cameron and McGowan - and young Innes Cameron did what everyone else failed to do and steered a header under the bar to make it 3-2. Chaos on the edge of the box and we were desperate for another penalty - ref consults with linesman with the upshot a red card for a home player and a free-kick right on the edge of the box. Up stepped Chris McGowan with a fantastic dead ball to end the scoring. Not the end of the action though as Cummins felt it was time to do something along the lines of a GIRFUY to the home team - straight red and I thought Faz was going to have a seizure on the touchline!

Would have settled happily for a point at the start - we got it in great style, but how to make it bloody difficult for ourselves!!

Kind of felt like the win at Arbroath last season at Easter 

I actually felt we were the better side for spells in the first half and like an east fife fan above 2-2 at h/t might have been fair. Hamill crossan x2 and other chances were missed. 

2nd half well that was mad. Deserved equaliser. Nice journey back. Some stupid red cards from both players. Hope east fife tv show all the chances and misses in first half as well. They usually do. Quality highlights.

I actually felt we were the better side for spells in the first half and like an east fife fan above 2-2 at h/t might have been fair. Hamill crossan x2 and other chances were missed. 
 2nd half well that was mad. Deserved equaliser. Nice journey back. Some stupid red cards from both players. Hope east fife tv show all the chances and misses in first half as well. They usually do. Quality highlights.

Not sure we were the better side first half, but we had the better chances and missed them!

Thats a bit unfair on the guys that do your videoing. We are fortunate that the club decided to invest in a good camera for video analysis so are able to use that, the side of the goal one is our old camera and the staunchion ones are a couple of cheap efforts. Where we are really fortunate is that the editing is a joint effort and it has to be with four memory cards all needing edited. I think the standard of highlights from all clubs in this division is of a very high standard& its great that almost every game is covered. 

We hope to restart our live streaming for overseas early in the new year (International VAT regulations have put paid to it for now) & are looking into live audio streaming for everyone.

One thing I will be doing before the next game is trying to stop our subs always warming up in front of the camera at the sea end, blocking some really good angles, the swines!

Really only have ourselves to blame for chucking that away why when your the last man would you be taken all those touches of the ball. Both central defenders guilty. What ever happened to row z. Can only be described as a sheer lack of professionalism. Stranraer missed a few great chances before we took the lead. 

Archived