East Fife v Stranraer

The least said about Saturday the better, time to move forward and look at ways to improve and take full points this week.

Far too many people noticing the same issue in our line up. Time for DY to prove his mettle, and make the change we can all see is needed.

Play the best players in the positions they are/ have been comfortable in. RC19 has proven his worth this season, but isn't going to score goals our on the left mid. Anton Dowds is a big powerful target and has proven a handful for most CBs in the league, so wasted on the right touchline.

Am I the only who thinks Pat is the missing link,? No idea what he likes is too, but if Daryl is back, then get Pat beside him.

We are at home, we dictate what happens at Bayview, not the opposition. That was our downfall on Saturday. We changed our system to counter Montrose, and paid the penalty. Stick to your guns Darren, and fear no-one.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Montrose game is surely a wake up call If we are to be anywhere above FIFTH place. With the amount of new managers brouughht in at four different clubs bar stranraer and forfar who are around the play offs, games like stranraer on saturday are huge in terms of the points.

Like Smugglefifer says we need go back to the winning formula where Long is back in goals, the patnership of Watson and Meggatt forms a pairing, where Pat, Agnew, Dunsmore, Watt, Dowds plays in.

Also like to see more of Thomson i feel we haven't quite got anything from him since we signed him from St Johnstone but early days yet, i wouldn't mind seeing more of kyle bell too and we seem to have went off the boil since in terms of performances since Raith game in that 2-1, i really hope im Wrong since we all found out the date for Dublin i could be wrong but we need to focus on this month geet back to winning ways especially this saturday.

Since its STRANRAER no doubt Mark Lamont and Connor McManus will be a well known ken face along with Jamie Hamill and exPars/Celtic loanee JP Crossan in amongst the opposition team sheet. But I'd say a biast 3-1 following that defeat the squad batter their defence with some sort reaction with O'Reilly, McManus and screamer fae Paul Stewart and Michael Moore replies.

Mon the fife!! Happy weekend all around.....my friend KK can post the Leven to glasgow express and put some heat back in the rusty tin on wheels and ill bring out the de-icer :thumsup2 

10 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

3 nil and we fucked it up emoji85.png

not for the first time either should have been home and dried at 3-0 up.

Like Airdrie away we lose 2/3 goals, the drew is probably more of a defeat than the draw with Wraith in august!!

Ok DY, I apolised for not trusting your judgement 3 months ago. You turned that squad around and we were all impressed with the way they performed. It was a great formation, solid at the back and a continuous threat up front.
So why, 3 months down the line have we reverted to the tried and failed method? I don't want to hear an aftermatch interview about individual errors, that's not the reason we threw that away. 3 - 0 and cruising, we begin the bizarre substitution program. Kyle Bell gets his chance I. The team and proves a worthwhile choice. So why on earth do we take the laddie off. We also change striker to the completely ineffective Courts.
2 points thrown away today, by bad management! Errors ? Yes, but , time to forget the old pals act. It's costing us games , everyone can see this , surely the management can?
When you see experienced senior players in the team coming off and looking in wonderment, you know something isn't right.
Sort it quick, or we will end up back in the mix. Get back to the players and formation that worked. But due to Baressi thinking he was Messi at the edge off his box, we lose a goal, and a player for next week.
Well done to Stranraer though ,they realise, never give up against East Fife, because we will gift you points if you keep working.

I honestly feel like we lost the game, McBride was crap, why he was not hooked was beyond me, also when is Brett getting back between the sticks, McDowell is a good back up but defo not first choice, balance of side was shocking but we should never have given up a 3 goal lead.... only consolation was we moved 1 point further clear in 3rd with results going our way but it should have been 4 points clear☹️

Ok DY, I apolised for not trusting your judgement 3 months ago. You turned that squad around and we were all impressed with the way they performed. It was a great formation, solid at the back and a continuous threat up front.
So why, 3 months down the line have we reverted to the tried and failed method? I don't want to hear an aftermatch interview about individual errors, that's not the reason we threw that away. 3 - 0 and cruising, we begin the bizarre substitution program. Kyle Bell gets his chance I. The team and proves a worthwhile choice. So why on earth do we take the laddie off. We also change striker to the completely ineffective Courts.
2 points thrown away today, by bad management! Errors ? Yes, but , time to forget the old pals act. It's costing us games , everyone can see this , surely the management can?
When you see experienced senior players in the team coming off and looking in wonderment, you know something isn't right.
Sort it quick, or we will end up back in the mix. Get back to the players and formation that worked. But due to Baressi thinking he was Messi at the edge off his box, we lose a goal, and a player for next week.
Well done to Stranraer though ,they realise, never give up against East Fife, because we will gift you points if you keep working.

That was not good.
The only good thing to come from this experiment in format is that it didn’t work and we know that- and other teams around us didn’t take advantage.We have been 2 up and 3 up and only got one point.

Smith doesn’t have the legs to play up front on his own .He has the guile but needs support.

We have a left back that cant do his first job- defend. Our best goalkeeper is on the bench. Kyle played wonderful and probably tired but our midfield lacks energy. Our best central defenders are kane and meggatt and they need to play when both available( Dunlop is not hard enough for this league as a CB- terrible error today and run ragged last week)

Need to play 2 up front- Need Dowds back playing upfront .We need to get back to the format and team that went 8 in a row with modifications like brining in Kyle Bell.

Afraid Manager needs to accept that his experiment didn’t work. The good news was the performance of Kyle Bell.

Archived