Berwick v Peterhead

Really looking forward to this one. The Penicuik 3 have all signed today. They've  added such a lot as trialists and can now all play in the same team. 

Hopefully Daryl Healey has recovered from his head knock. 

Big competition for places for a change as the momentum grows. There will be goals. 

Will be down for this as usual. We need to get the three points & move on to Tuesday night. Strange how all the teams that were struggling seem to have found form of late but it about time we put in a good performance ourselves as we seem to just have been getting by for some time.

Guest TOPFITTER

In the correct frame of mind another sub-radar 3 points for the Blue Toon, minds other than on the job then the Northumbrians may take a Buchan scalp !

Totally out classed, completely out played, that was absolute SHITE!  

Headless chicken mode right from the start - that was a complete embarrassment!

What a waste of 12 quid to freeze my bollocks off watching that complete garbage!

That's the end of my season if that's what we can expect from this bunch of jumped up wannabees.:thumbsdown

Totally out classed, completely out played, that was absolute SHITE!  
Headless chicken mode right from the start - that was a complete embarrassment!
What a waste of 12 quid to freeze my bollocks off watching that complete garbage!
That's the end of my season if that's what we can expect from this bunch of jumped up wannabees.:thumbsdown

It was a very poor performance, but if today is your breaking point after 10 years of shite...

It followed a better run and things have been generally heading in the right direction. There were too many mistakes today and against a team who were too good to let us get away with them. They also pressed us from the off and we couldn’t cope.

That said, it’s a blip. It was no where near good enough but we shouldn’t over react. Amazed how many around me were desperate for the long ball after about 10 minutes. Because that worked in the past. [emoji849] Granted we over played at the back a bit, but for someone to start booing was ridiculous.

Couldn’t have put it or played it any worse myself Pugsley. Brennan needs dropping,because he keeps dropping. Wilson & co at the back tried to play pass the buck and on a sticky wicket it was a recipe for the shambles that ensued.
But where is the midfield? Not one player could take the ball and hold on to it. We were second to everything. The ‘Heed will never get an easier afternoon.
3 new signings and that’s we are rewarded with! Worrying times

Had the last few weeks been of a similar standard as today I would have been more critical of that performance. They haven't so there is no point overreacting or getting to upset.

Yes we were poor and gifted them goals and created little but we came up against a good side with experience in every position. 

There have been real positive signs over the last few weeks and hopefully the manager learnt a little more about his players today. 

Not a huge fan of our captain, we've conceded 10 goals in the 3 games he has played since his return. Midfield was not at it. O'Kane's work rate can't be faulted but his quality can and he gave away the ball which led to the second goal. Phillips has had a stinker of a season, can't think of one good game he's had and he wants too much time on the ball. John Neil's just not up to it. Ross Brown has lots of quality  but we are just not seeing it, he can and needs to do better. Barr and Forbes are welcome additions and were our best two players on a day to forget. 

6 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Had the last few weeks been of a similar standard as today I would have been more critical of that performance. They haven't so there is no point overreacting or getting to upset.

Yes we were poor and gifted them goals and created little but we came up against a good side with experience in every position. 

There have been real positive signs over the last few weeks and hopefully the manager learnt a little more about his players today. 

Not a huge fan of our captain, we've conceded 10 goals in the 3 games he has played since his return. Midfield was not at it. O'Kane's work rate can't be faulted but his quality can and he gave away the ball which led to the second goal. Phillips has had a stinker of a season, can't think of one good game he's had and he wants too much time on the ball. John Neil's just not up to it. Ross Brown has lots of quality  but we are just not seeing it, he can and needs to do better. Barr and Forbes are welcome additions and were our best two players on a day to forget. 

Happy to echo that. 

What it adds up to though is key players in defence and central midfield that, far from bossing the game, are instrumental in handing the impetus to the opposition.

The workrate is fine. The footballing ability isn't and any half decent team will easily score against. 

Pretty sure the boss sees the same, so looking forward to next week. 

Brilliant result Toon , didna see that coming today if im honest ..Had a feeling Edinburgh might drop points today as well but the top 2 just keep doing the business in tough games.. Its the same as Montrose last year and will likely come down to games against each other..

Archived