Sons vs Diamonds

5 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Has anyone said that Airdrie were dirty? 

Not directly but certainly intimated. Always look forward to your crap responses to my posts. It's like you have to say something. Anything. One day you'll get one right.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Old Scrotum said:

Not directly but certainly intimated. Always look forward to your crap responses to my posts. It's like you have to say something. Anything. One day you'll get one right.

So no-one has said that Airdrie were dirty. Not a crap response, just a fact.  

33 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Not dirty but very cynical. As they were in the cup tie. Which surprised me as that sort of cynicism is not something I would have associated with Isn Murray

To be fair, it's not Murray's team. He's inherited this rabble and has to play to their very limited strengths.

Also question whether we actually are that cynical given every time I've seen us this year we've just been a bit rubbish.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just your imagination.....

image.thumb.png.e7d7a099132854f148b8608c4d137dc2.png

Dear Old Scrotum

I wasn't being pedantic, I was pointing out that you were responding to something which had not been said, nor indeed inferred.

The only comment I made was that the ref booked Ballantyne for his and Dumbarton's second foul whereas Airdrie had been adjudged by the ref to have committed twelve fouls by that stage, including three by the one player (Carrick).   

PS Grow up.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Dear Old Scrotum

I wasn't being pedantic, I was pointing out that you were responding to something which had not been said, nor indeed inferred.

The only comment I made was that the ref booked Ballantyne for his and Dumbarton's second foul whereas Airdrie had been adjudged by the ref to have committed twelve fouls by that stage, including three by the one player (Carrick).   

PS Grow up.

I'm grown up enough to know that not only one pub on the planet has a copper drip tray in the bar.

And I was not referring to your comment per se. I was responding to the general feeling being expressed, If my use of the word "dirty" offended you to the extent that you are the only one to question it that's too bloody bad.

22 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Any Airdrie fans who don't think we dominated that from start to finish are kidding themselves on. I don't buy that the ref was somehow against us (we won a lot of soft fouls in the first half) but we absolutely dominated the match. It's just a shame we were so piss poor at breaking Airdrie down and creating clear cut chances.

The only stat that matters is goals at the end of the day, but these pretty much confirm that we have a few deluded Airdrie fans among us...

20181208_202218.jpg

TBF those stats are hardly a ringing endorsement of Dumbarton's performance. 

The biggest feeling coming out of yesterday's game was frustration. Thought the first half was even. Both teams had their chances and points where they struggled to break the other down. But Dumbarton were absolutely the better team in the 2nd half. We were sitting way too deep and allowing them to put pressure on us for most of the half. Dumbarton missed some absolute sitters and we rode our luck at times but you could feel the equaliser coming. And what a save from McKenzie (or 'Big Roddy' as someone in the crowd kept calling him). Felt sorry for him to concede from the corner straight afterwards. He didn't deserve that. But having said all that, if you're winning from the 3rd minute to the last minute you really should be able to see the game out. 

I don't know if it was Murray's instructions or the player's instincts but it was frustrating to be sitting so deep and then when we got the ball, hardly any of the players were making runs off the ball or off the player with the ball. Some of our passing was just woeful too. We missed Wilkie in there but could definitely do with a creative sort coming in, in January. Millar and Gallagher can do the midfield destroyer and the basic stuff relatively well but can't cut it going forward which means we struggle when they're both playing in the midle of the park. As for Conroy I genuinely forgot he was playing until he turned up at left-back in the 2nd half. Had one bit of skill right after they scored but was too little too late by then and the resulting cross was pish anyway. Good to see Scott Stewart back in the team (and cracking cross ball for the goal) but would like to see us get more out of him. As I said last week Carrick is absolutely wasted out wide. Needs to be playing through the middle to get the best out of him and the best out of Duffy. 

On 12/8/2018 at 21:05, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What you are slevering about, obviously.

You scored from a god awful error from our keeper, Gallagher's shot skited the bar from an odd deflection and McDonald's shot was a 25 yarder that skittered wide. That doesn't change the fact we were the better team you deluded mess.

Not that it remotely matters. The scoreline is all that matters.

Did everybody miss the second McIntosh header where it was easier to score than head back towards the keepers hands should clearly have been two up at half time.  Also large possession statistic could be mainly down to second half & possession gained from the too many to count soft fouls (Thomas dives) in the first half.

Just now, CumbyDiamond said:

Did everybody miss the second McIntosh header where it was easier to score than head back towards the keepers hands should clearly have been two up at half time.  Also large possession statistic could be mainly down to second half & possession gained from the too many to count soft fouls (Thomas dives) in the first half.

I suspect the possession statistic was down to the fact we dominated possession, whilst Airdrie sat deep and tried to hold their one goal lead. 

Thomas was fouled twice in the whole game. 

I wish I had missed it. Blocked that one out. Terrible stuff.

9 hours ago, CumbyDiamond said:

:lol:

Archived