• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Ground holds 2000 and change, so I don't think it will be full on Saturday.

So will I get the main stand cover from the rain/wind in my winter gear?

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

So will I get the main stand cover from the rain/wind in my winter gear?

Don't bet on it, if the winds even moderate it'll come in horizontally from Greenock direction.

Seriously, if you're anywhere bar the first few rows you'll be ok.

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Don't bet on it, if the winds even moderate it'll come in horizontally from Greenock direction.

Seriously, if you're anywhere bar the first few rows you'll be ok.

Thanks 

I always wear my winter lined hillwalking gear as soon as the clocks change for football watching. Base layers are needed in Airdrie as well. Mind you I do prefer that to the idea of summer football 

9 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks for info. Will there be more than about 650 in total on Saturday? What capacity is the main stand? We had 186 at Raith on Saturday so maybe 200 from Airdrie if optimism floods back.

Home and away ends hold somewhere in the region of 850 each with the remaining 300 in the middle for hospitality/directors.

We need more fans than we're getting. Home end needs to be north of 500 but I doubt if it will be. We don't get a lot of walk up fans so it's mostly season ticket holders. It would be good if our improved home form could get a few more through the doors. Away end will comfortably hold the Airdrie fans.

It's always cold at our ground but you won't get wet if you avoid the first 2 rows of seating. I'd also avoid the end of the stand and go closer to the middle.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

10 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

We used to  have to put up a temporary stand every time Falkirk were the visitors, due to the pure massiveness of their travelling support.

:whistle

I'm hearing that should the predicted rain over the next two days mean a pitch inspection, the test will not be to determine if the ball rolls smoothly and easily through the very soft areas.

It will be to determine whether Dom Thomas can run likewise through them.

Another pint, please, Raquel.

I'm hearing that should the predicted rain over the next two days mean a pitch inspection, the test will not be to determine if the ball rolls smoothly and easily through the very soft areas.
It will be to determine whether Dom Thomas can run likewise through them.
Another pint, please, Raquel.

You’d hope that the new Premiership leaders won’t require their loanee back at Rugby Park for the rest of the season. Please.

1 hour ago, Jumbo Muir said:

You’d hope that the new Premiership leaders won’t require their loanee back at Rugby Park for the rest of the season. Please.

And hope he doesn't want to go back in hope of a league-winners medal. (TBH, I'd pay his taxi fare if it was guaranteed he would.)

"Team News: Long-term injury victims Craig Barr (knee) and Grant Adam (back) continue to be ruled out for selection. Ross Perry, who was a late call-off last week v Brechin City is struggling to be fit for tomorrow, as Iain Russell. Rory Loy is improving but is unavailable. Ryan Thomson's calf injury is easing but he too will miss out.

4 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Is the game in any doubt?

Impossible to say right now.

If it pisses down all night then there has to be a chance that the game will be off but at this stage it probably has every chance of going ahead.

Hopefully it isn't called off but if it is, I hope it's after 1130 so I can spend the day in the pub. If it's earlier than that, I won't have left the house and probably wouldn't.

Please make any announcement before I plan to leave around 13.00 so I can sit back and choose another sporting venue. Certainly raining heavily here since mid day but no high tide.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
47 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:
Please make any announcement before I plan to leave around 13.00 so I can sit back and choose another sporting venue. Certainly raining heavily here since mid day but no high tide.

Better forward that to the ref.

Judging by tonight's Ayr late cancellation, I fear whoever it is will ignore me anyway. Which numpty will it be? ( Napier is the worst I have seen but there are several)