Sons vs Diamonds

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Laurie Williams Loyal said:

You are having a laugh

I really think Calum gets a hard time. He might not be the most naturally gifted guy to ever grace the Rock, but he works tirelessly, forces defenders into mistakes and (for my money at least) is the best striker we have in the squad at the moment. It's not a coincidence that our best performances this season have came with him in the side.

1 minute ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

^^^^^word salad ^^^^^

Come on- we shaded it 1st half - Airdrie scored a goal, hit the bar (Grant Gallagher clearance??/shot against Dumbarton defender onto bar), good save from your goalkeeper from  a Kieran McDonald drive, then the said  Kieran McDonald  missed a good shot on  goal to make it two ("missed" - "made an arse of it"). This against the Dumbarton 1st half chances of ....(I'll let you fill in the rest in to justify why you were the better team in the first half.)

3 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Come on- we shaded it 1st half - Airdrie scored a goal, hit the bar (Grant Gallagher clearance??/shot against Dumbarton defender onto bar), good save from your goalkeeper from  a Kieran McDonald drive, then the said  Kieran McDonald  missed a good shot on  goal to make it two ("missed" - "made an arse of it"). This against the Dumbarton 1st half chances of ....(I'll let you fill in the rest in to justify why you were the better team in the first half.)

I'll caveat the above by saying that in the 2nd half we were totally shite and Dumbarton totally deserved a point, and would have deserved all 3 if they had been more cynical in front of goal. Airdrie should have a good look at themselves.

I really think Calum gets a hard time. He might not be the most naturally gifted guy to ever grace the Rock, but he works tirelessly, forces defenders into mistakes and (for my money at least) is the best striker we have in the squad at the moment. It's not a coincidence that our best performances this season have came with him in the side.

Yes he puts in a heck of a lot of effort, for not much end product.
He gets shrugged off the ball too easy, isn’t great at dribbling the ball past players, but worst of all, he has a right foot like a feather.
You are right that he is the best (only) striker we have right now, but the issue is we have no one up top that can put it in the back of the net for us. There were numerous delightful crosses getting whipped in today, all it needed was an out and out number 9 to slot them home. Unfortunately we don’t have a fit one of them.
I would love to see what the pairing of Dom Thomas and a fit/confident Rory Loy would look like.

The game felt similar to last weeks first half where we were able to create but really struggled to finish.  Thankfully we got a goal eventually.  I feel we should've taken all 3 points in the end but a point will do!

I was concerned after the early goal that the players would all down tools and give up like they'd been doing under Aitken for most of the season but thankfully they didn't.  Whether that's down to Duffy or not I can't be certain - I'm just glad they seem to finally be getting rid of the feeling sorry for themselves patter.

I think Carswell had a really good game at the back too.  I also think it helps us when going forward by preventing him and Hutton being together in the middle of the park.   Wouldn't be against keeping him there if he continues to put in performances like the last two weeks. 

We're only 3 points off a play-off spot which is mad considering our start to the season.  There are a lot of teams in our way, however, so consistency is a must.  Hopefully we can start winning more points on the road and matching the performances and results we're now getting at home.

Thought Number 7 for Airdrie looked a good player.  Although the first goal was criminal from our keeper, he put in some ball for it.  MacIntosh couldn't miss.

I though Dumbarton more in control and creative in first half and ran out of ideas as game went on. 

I disagree about cgal who whilst working hard was no real threat and a bit of a soft touch . 

Very annoyed that the ref allowed airdrie to break up game at every point as stats show

agsin for us if we control that much of a game,we really must win

Aye we did, but for a dreadful ref as well, you could have a player or two down as well.

Shots on target ross Forbes please
I though Dumbarton more in control and creative in first half and ran out of ideas as game went on. 
I disagree about cgal who whilst working hard was no real threat and a bit of a soft touch . 
Very annoyed that the ref allowed airdrie to break up game at every point as stats show
agsin for us if we control that much of a game,we really must win
Surely no another set of fans claiming we are hatchet men, we've no one man enough to make a foul

13 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Aye we did, but for a dreadful ref as well, you could have a player or two down as well.

Shots on target ross Forbes please

Please explain the "red card" incidents that could have one or two of our players down? Really, I have watched all of Airdrie games this season and this was tame. But please do  expand on your post. 

Archived