Sons vs Diamonds

My last visit to he park was about 4pm Friday afternoon and it was it great condition. We are down at 9am to line it and I know it will still be fine because of the wind. The problem we have is the forecast of heavy rain from 3 til 5 just after high tide. Imo if the game gets called off it will be after 3pm. I've not had one puddle on the park this winter, this is it's biggest test. Good night folks.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My last visit to he park was about 4pm Friday afternoon and it was it great condition. We are down at 9am to line it and I know it will still be fine because of the wind. The problem we have is the forecast of heavy rain from 3 til 5 just after high tide. Imo if the game gets called off it will be after 3pm. I've not had one puddle on the park this winter, this is it's biggest test. Good night folks.
I think we have the best groundsman in the league!

11 hours ago, microdave said:

Hopefully it isn't called off but if it is, I hope it's after 1130 so I can spend the day in the pub. If it's earlier than that, I won't have left the house and probably wouldn't.

You'll have wasted 30 minutes. Shocking.

I see there is a new Instagram page involving  "Dumbarton Ultras"  
They claim that Crowdfunding of £80 will allow them to "by" drums, flags, banners and scarves. 

I noticed that too but tbf it seems to be run by a mum of a boy and does seem to be a lot of much younger lads who are the "ultras". Unless it's a guise for the other idiots then I would doubt this lot are going to cause much trouble.

I see there is a new Instagram page involving  "Dumbarton Ultras"  
They claim that Crowdfunding of £80 will allow them to "by" drums, flags, banners and scarves. 

As far as I'm aware it's a group of very young lads who have the best of intentions. I think one of their mums is helping them run it.

Archived