Sons vs Diamonds

The Sons have an early chance to get revenge for the 3-0 humping dished out by Airdrie two weeks ago. Our home record under Duffy is very good, 3 wins from 3, 10 scored and 2 conceded, so we should take plenty confidence into this one. I probably wouldn't change the team from Saturday, although I expect Carswell and Dowie to be challenged much more by the likes of Duffy, Carrick and Victoria than Andy Jackson or Boris Melingui could manage.  I didn't think Michael Paton was great on Saturday and if we had anyone else available I'd probably look to replace him, but if using him means we get Calum Gallagher, Ross Forbes and Dom Thomas all playing in their best positions then so be it.

A win here would take us above Airdrie and hopefully within a bawhair of where we want to be. That's huge incentive for the squad coming off the back of a good win.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t think Airdrie were particularly great a couple of weeks ago, which says more about us that day than it does of them, but they had the required fight and desire we lacked. If we’re to avenge that defeat this weekend we’ll need to match that as a minimum, and start with a bit of tempo.

Hopefully a couple of nights in Dublin will have galvanised the team and they’re all now best pals. We’ve lacked team spirit this far so any improvements there would be welcome.

If we had options I’d drop Paton and Barr, but we don’t, so given our last result I’d keep the team the same (assuming no injury call offs) and try to build some consistency and form.

Id like to see Dom Thomas take the coin toss, corners, throw-ins, team talk, 50-50 draw and any penalties that come our way. Forbes can have the direct free-kicks.

I can just see Saturday's late edition of the Evening Citizen:

"One-man Dumbarton led at the break courtesy of Dom Thomas' double  but suffered a blow seconds after the re-start when Thomas was dismissed for repeatedly taking the piss out of the Airdrie defence. Sons, however, held out for a 3-1 victory."

Is Dom Thomas  the winger who was at Motherwell/QOS on loan? It will be a question of who works the hardest throughout the sides. Our back four struggled at Raith in first half so I hope they are either rearranged or realised that it was not good enough. If we start slowly then it could be a good result for you. this league is bizarre apart from Arbroath. 

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Is Dom Thomas  the winger who was at Motherwell/QOS on loan? It will be a question of who works the hardest throughout the sides. Our back four struggled at Raith in first half so I hope they are either rearranged or realised that it was not good enough. If we start slowly then it could be a good result for you. this league is bizarre apart from Arbroath. 

Tis indeed. Stevie Aitken's last act as manager (besides managing us to defeat against Stranraer) was to bring him in on loan, and it's looked like being one of his best moves.

Whoever scores first will win. If we get it then confidence will rise and we should start knocking it about a bit, if you get it we'll fold and it'll be a canter.

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

Tis indeed. Stevie Aitken's last act as manager (besides managing us to defeat against Stranraer) was to bring him in on loan, and it's looked like being one of his best moves.

Whoever scores first will win. If we get it then confidence will rise and we should start knocking it about a bit, if you get it we'll fold and it'll be a canter.

I only remember seeing him on TV highlights but he did look pacy and strong so it will be an interesting challenge for our defenders. I think you might be right about scoring first but we have shown some  resilience as long as it is only one, recently.  We have come back from being behind but I would prefer to score first. CU on saturday

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
2 hours ago, Diamond8 said:
Are the big bad Airdrie boys allowed in the bar before the game?

I'd imagine so, as long as you leave the KKK masks at home and refrain from ripping the soap dispensers off the walls.

Don't use soap!!!

So why would we need Soap dispensers???

Archived