St Johnstone vs Hearts 05/12/2018

6 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We've been really shit of late. Of course we're going to adopt percentage football considering the form St. Johnstone have been on of late; Lo and behold we didn't lose for a change.

Credit where it's due, you're a far better footballing side this season, but let's not pretend you're the harbingers of Total Football all of a sudden and slate us for our tactics, especially considering  the very same percentage football you've been playing in previous years either.

Dat pen decision. Fat Cunt

We played dour football, but we always tried to win games. Second half has Hearts 2-1 up against a team missing both their creative players and only left back, and having an entirely shuffled defence with two U23s in the middle of it.

Hearts didn't even try and exploit that, Levein noticeably telling players to slow everything down, and didn't manage a shot on target in that 45 minutes aside from a pathetic wee volley that was never going in.

That's why they're getting slated.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not angry about the result in the slightest. I'm frustrated that, yet again, an exciting performance by Saints

Sorry what?  Ignoring all the decisions etc, I agree St Johnstone deserved something from the game but, exciting? Surely you're not serious?

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We played dour football, but we always tried to win games. Second half has Hearts 2-1 up against a team missing both their creative players and only left back, and having an entirely shuffled defence with two U23s in the middle of it.

Hearts didn't even try and exploit that, Levein noticeably telling players to slow everything down, and didn't manage a shot on target in that 45 minutes aside from a pathetic wee volley that was never going in.

That's why they're getting slated.

Wtf, we're 2-1 up and already winning the game! :lol: We're not exactly rife with creativity ourselves right now (not scored an non-OG for six games) and we've been haemorrhaging stupid goals for weeks now (we conceded two to St Mirren FFS :lol: ). Of course we're not going to take the risk. Up to that point, we're 2-1 and 'shitebag-catenaccioing' our way to winning the game. Dallas doesn't give that penalty, we probably see it out. Why the f**k would we open ourselves out when we're already winning and short of confidence up front as it is?

I did love Dallas telling Levein not to time waste and he’d add time on instead of the players. That’s a new one to me. He then proceeded to add no time on at all for he time wasting. [emoji23][emoji23]

30 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Wtf, we're 2-1 up and already winning the game! :lol: We're not exactly rife with creativity ourselves right now (not scored an non-OG for six games) and we've been haemorrhaging stupid goals for weeks now (we conceded two to St Mirren FFS :lol: ). Of course we're not going to take the risk. Up to that point, we're 2-1 and 'shitebag-catenaccioing' our way to winning the game. Dallas doesn't give that penalty, we probably see it out. Why the f**k would we open ourselves out when we're already winning and short of confidence up front as it is?

Because, if you'd tried to force us back and keep the ball in our half, it's highly unlikely you'd have lost that

The best form of defence isn't always just camping in your own box smashing balls to nobody. Even teams like Aberdeen have been a man down to us, continued to press, and won the game as we've never been able to get numbers forward.

This injury excuse is embarrassing, we've got Anderson, Easton, Tanser, Wright and Swanson all missing in that second half, Hearts have two strikers out. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because, if you'd tried to force us back and keep the ball in our half, it's highly unlikely you'd have lost that

The best form of defence isn't always just camping in your own box smashing balls to nobody. Even teams like Aberdeen have been a man down to us, continued to press, and won the game as we've never been able to get numbers forward.

This injury excuse is embarrassing, we've got Anderson, Easton, Tanser, Wright and Swanson all missing in that second half, Hearts have two strikers out. 

We're not going to change the way the players have been drilled for months into keeping their defensive shape for months, on a half-baked notion that opening ourselves out might have made us defend better. Teams that mark man-to-man might not be as good at sitting in deep in a game that arguably would benefit them either. We're only playing the game we know.

You're shifting the argument. I never said anything about injuries here. I said we're short of confidence, playing shite and in spite of those things, still could have won.

4 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We're not going to change the way the players have been drilled for months into keeping their defensive shape for months, on a half-baked notion that opening ourselves out might have made us defend better. Teams that mark man-to-man might not be as good at sitting in deep in a game that arguably would benefit them either. We're only playing the game we know.

Why not? It's hardly been a roaring success. The plan of pumping balls to Clare v Foster was solid enough, when Shaughnessy ended up there it was stupid, yet it still continued. 

We were wide open for large spells in that half, and had two full backs clearly uncomfortable out of position, are you telling me it's a better plan to try and camp in your box defending a lead for 40 minutes than trying to exploit your opponents weaknesses?

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I watched the whole game on bbc alba, and didn't see these - can you post links?

The Davidson penalty incident is when Haring got booked. To be honest I'm sure the camera was probably focusing on the corner taker or would just be panning back to the normal camera when it all happened. Pretty sure you would see Haring pick up his booking on the Alba coverage though. The tackle being referred to was right on the half way line - it was a trip from behind as Kane (I think) tried to shift the ball left. Seconds later we were awarded the penalty - knowing Dallas he probably knew he'd bottled the red card and was making up for it with the penalty call. Having said that, I sit directly in line with that incident from the East Stand and at the time I thought it was a stonewaller as it looked like Haring had a hold of Gordon's shirt before he went down. Subsequent replays show that's not the case, so he's maybe been caught out as much as I was with the angle.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why not? It's hardly been a roaring success. The plan of pumping balls to Clare v Foster was solid enough, when Shaughnessy ended up there it was stupid, yet it still continued. 

We were wide open for large spells in that half, and had two full backs clearly uncomfortable out of position, are you telling me it's a better plan to try and camp in your box defending a lead for 40 minutes than trying to exploit your opponents weaknesses?

We've spent years doing exactly that with great success. A bit hard necked to complain about others doing the same to us.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're  getting into something of a non-argument here. We played the same boring, park the bus, percentage football tonight which you've been playing for years, and it nearly won us the game. I don't know why you're getting into such a state about this.

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We've spent years doing exactly that with great success. A bit hard necked to complain about others doing the same to us.

We're generally not all over social media mewling about everyone else when it doesn't work, though.

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We're  getting into something of a non-argument here. We played the boring, park the bus, percentage football tonight which you've been played for years, and it nearly won us the game. I don't why you're getting into such a state about this.

Because it's an absolute red neck to play that way, when there's a clear chance to win the game by actually going for it, and then try and shift the blame.

Look through my posts on here, I wouldn't recommend it, and you'll see me slating Saints plenty of times for it, particularly after we lost May. I'm not dense enough to expect every team to attack for 90 minutes, I just find it bewildering the extent that Levein and the hearts fans are completely ignoring the fact they had the chance to win the game regardless of Dallas.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're generally not all over social media mewling about everyone else when it doesn't work, though.

How much do you enjoy it when opposition fans start jumping up and down about it when we pick up points playing that way? I love seeing meltdowns from opposition supporters in that situation because your tactics clearly worked, as Hearts' did last night. They've had a nightmare run of form and come to a place that no away team outside the old firm has won in since January. In the same circumstances, we'd have done exactly the same thing.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Davidson ends up on the ground So what ? Footballer cons ref : Shock an odd way to head lock someone that. The ref, whos five yards away with a clear view, sees it as a foul bad enough to book Haring.

The ball was in the box when the ref blew for the foul.

Its a penalty. 

Haring is booked. He clips a player whos on the counter, the ref, whos five yards away with a clear view, sees it as a foul.

Its a booking Why ? Every foul isn't a yellow and a red card.

Please though, continue utterly blinding yourself to these things so you can continue blaming absolutely everyone else for being unable to win a game. Maybe use injuries too, as if a club with the money Hearts have should be absolutely crippled by losing three players Soutar, Berra, Naismith, Ikpeazu. What would any team be like with their 4 best players and spine out for months?  while ignoring the fact your manager brought this on himself by wasting money on absolute shite. The principles the same for both.

Is RandomGuy like this with every game? I’m already looking forward to (dreading) our next game.
A draw away to St Johnstone is almost the perfect example of a nothing game not worth batting an eye lid over.

Archived