St Johnstone vs Hearts 05/12/2018

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't remember Clark making a save at all, the whole match. It's absolute shite to somehow spin that into an undeserved point considering we got shafted out one earlier.

Except we did have shots on goal...

All Saints had was that non-penalty.

Admittedly, the ref decisions going against us are defecting from our lack of shape and attacking threat - compared to our pre-injury team at least.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, just ignore the fact we had a blatant, stonewall, penalty denied beforehand, to fit your wee meltdown/blame game.

You're absolutely fucked for the rest of the season  if that's how you'll continue to play. Creating absolutely nothing and relying on set pieces isnt sustainable.

I'll ignore it because Dallas clearly never deemed the ball in play, he might've been slow but was clearly pulling it back. You see it all the time with pushing and shoving at free kicks and it's pulled back. 

It's not how we'll continue to play, pretty confident of that, we will revert to the tactics we used  when we had actual attacking options  when we get  players  back. Am I in some kind of parallel universe where St Johnstone played well tonight btw?

What one were you shafted out of? The ball wasn't deemed to be in play when he stopped for the Haring booking.  Unless I'm mistaken Dallas was motioning to deal with it as the corner was it taken.

The ball was in play before he blew the whistle. Haring was also very lucky not to walk moments before the penalty for chopping down Wotherspoon from behind while on a yellow.

A draw was fair enough over the piece. We were maybe unfortunate to be behind at half time and despite the enforced changes at the back in the second half - which really caused us an issue - Hearts didn’t create anything in that period. Hearts didn’t really deserve to win the game.

No idea WTF our pen was for though. Andrew Dallas is an atrocious referee.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'll ignore it because Dallas clearly never deemed the ball in play, he might've been slow but was clearly pulling it back. You see it all the time with pushing and shoving at free kicks and it's pulled back. 

It's not how we'll continue to play, pretty confident of that, we will revert to the tactics we used  when we had actual attacking options  when we get  players  back. Am I in some kind of parallel universe where St Johnstone played well tonight btw?

You'll ignore it because you're desperate to blame someone other than Levein for the result.

I'm fairly sure you will, as that's Levein. Aren't you only missing Naismith? We're missing our two best attacking players and still seem to be able to actually create chances.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll ignore it because you're desperate to blame someone other than Levein for the result.

I'm fairly sure you will, as that's Levein. Aren't you only missing Naismith? We're missing our two best attacking players and still seem to be able to actually create chances.

Well that's nonsense, Levein clearly deserves criticism for being negative, but I'm a football fan.  Any fan that isn't pissed off with that against their team is nuts, sorry.

Naismith and Uche and of that's Levein why were we playing quick attacking football for the first quarter of the season? And we did create chances without them or am I imagining us scoring twice away to a team who hadn't conceded for 6 games?

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Haring on a booking wipes out Davidson who's countering, no second yellow.

Berra on a booking, goes in studs up at waist height, misses the ball and catches McMillan, no second booking.

Clare on a booking, twice smashes someone late, no second booking.

Haring drags down Davidson in the box when the balls active, foul but no penalty.

A few wee things for all that absolute roaster Levein, who'll undoubtedly blame the ref instead of himself. Hearts are genuinely one of the most negative teams I've seen at McDiarmid in years, hoof after hoof until they get a set piece or throw in.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The ball had been kicked before Dallas blew his whistle, the ball was in play and active, it was virtually in the box before he blew.

He's an absolute fucking idiot, but it's hilarious to try and blame him for failing to win that, if Hearts had actually tried to play any form of football after their second instead of just lumping aimless balls and falling over, they might have actually won it.

Word for motherfucking word this.

All of it.

I hope our penalty was for absolutely nothing. It's what hearts deserve. Fouled our players at every opportunity, should have had Haring sent off, and wasting time with 40 minutes to go.

And as for that corner. Awful. Ball is swung in, defender wrestles the Saints player to the ground, so Dallas blows to stop play, books the hearts lad, then points for the corner to be retaken. One of those where after the rage subsides you just sit back shaking your head for a while wondering what's the fucking point?!

25 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'll blame him thanks.  He's concocted a penalty from absolutely nowt, if it's not given we don't lose.  We might well have been shite, but we were in no danger of conceding.  

At half time we had to completely change our defence.We played for 45 minutes with a center half at right back,a right back at left back and two young guys in the centre and you still could not get a shot on target.:lol: Ah well at least you have a comedy manager to give you a laugh 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Just saw a replay of the penalty. Jesus titty fucking Christ.

emoji23.png

Just saw it as well.. No wonder Levein  is fuming .. THe defender  doesnt even move and the St Johnstone player looks like he,s trying to fly ..Might stay up for Sportscene to see it properly

A very poor result for us tonight. Hearts not playing well, on an awful run and with results going well around us, we could have been very close to the top points wise with a win.

We played some decent stuff in the first half, but the substitution at half time killed our momentum. Awful to lose two goals from crosses, especially after the same thing happened at Tynecastle. Thought Foster struggled a bit at left back. 

Their second goal Alston was beaten easily, then it looked a bit wreckless by Ricky to charge in and concede the foul.

Have to say up until his goal I was thinking what a typically shite Alston showing from wide midfield. Slow and cumbersome on the ball, jockeys players from miles away with no intention of winning the ball, and losing every header even to players a foot shorter.

But he does get goals occasionally and took it well.

We had lost our way second half, so,thank f**k for Dallas's guilt penalty award.

Liam and Muzz were okay but they sit so far behind the play when we attack that when their defenders win it, we're screaming for an attacking midfielder following in. That's one thing Alston does when he plays centrally.

Kennedy the stand out for me again attacking wise. Thought Kane did well when he came on. Don't think Watt is giving us too much at the minute to be honest, and his total greed in the first half when he was determined to shoot when he could have played one or two teammates in maybe shows his frustration.

Hope Tanser is fit for Saturday, as he's really looked quite an assured left back the past couple of months.

9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Disclaimer - I wasn’t there, can’t get down from Inverness for midweek games.

Not sure talking about being big dirty time wasting b*****ds as a negative is overly fair to be honest. Saints have done plenty of that over the years with excellent and enjoyable results. Some coming across a bit Partick Thistle here. 

Not with 40 minutes to go we didn't!

It was brutal. Seriously, if you were there you'd feel the same way. f**k hearts.

Archived