St Johnstone vs Hearts 05/12/2018

Just now, SaintDougie said:

You're not seriously arguing the case that it's a legitimate penalty are you? 

That's not really the issue for me. I'd be annoyed at Saints giving away such a cheap penalty in an innocuous area and would feel hard done by that the referee has penalised something that happens at most set plays but equally, it's not this dreadful decision that folk are making . Liam Gordon is clearly impeded in his effort to attack the ball and Dallas has obviously seen that. Maybe what's gone on before with Haring has played a part too.

I'd understand the frustration at a penalty being awarded but am not having this idea that Dallas has just imagined a foul when, as the number of comments from fans with the right angle suggests, there was indeed one. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I was at that end and he definitely pulled him, whether it was enough for the reaction it got is another thing. I was shouting for a penalty. 

You shout for penalties for that level of contact ? Eff me, you must be utterly hoarse 10 minutes into every game.

54 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You shout for penalties for that level of contact ? Eff me, you must be utterly hoarse 10 minutes into every game.

As Radford says, he impedes the player, like he'd done several times in the minutes before that particular incident. It might be soft but he didn't need to do it, just like the multitude of fouls he committed beforehand. I've no sympathy for Hearts if things go against them, especially with the fouling and time wasting that was going on.

3 hours ago, SaintDougie said:

You're not seriously arguing the case that it's a legitimate penalty are you? 

Don't get me wrong, I'll take it every time, as I'm sure the Hearts fans would if it were the other way around. However that is never a penalty in a month of Sundays

25 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

He is. :lol:

I'm just making the case that it's not as clear cut as is being suggested. You've got folk all over the shop saying Haring wasn't even near Gordon, yet evidently, he had a hold of him. 

The replays are shite as they don't show enough.

7 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Let it go, Random, ffs. 

Why?

Folk mewl and moan about refs never getting the right decision, yet the same folk then absolutely crucify refs before they've even considered what the ref saw. Dallas has been vilified by the media and fans, who are all absolutely adamant he's fucked up, yet not one clip shows you the players before Gordon has started to fall, not any angle shows you, clearly, that Haring isn't holding him before the camera pans, but as I've posted, it looks like he's grabbing him as Gordon makes a movement away.

Easy way around all this would be body cams on refs, as you'd get to see what they saw, rather than three different angles from ten times further away.

Archived