St Johnstone vs Hearts 05/12/2018

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Looked like Davidson was doing the wrestling. Presumably Dallas booked Haring but didn't give the penalty on the basis that the ball wasn't in play yet. But it was. Just. So, I would say that one was wrong on 2 counts, but justice done.

Haven't spotted the "going through Davidson" when was it ?  Saw Kane cut in front of him and take a tumble. Could have been a yellow, but would have been very very soft.

As for the penalty he did give..... It was straight after the Kane tumble. Was Dallas maybe thinking " I should have given him a 2nd yellow there. Never mind I'll make up for it with a penalty here." ? Anyway, definite contender for weirdest penalty decision of the season.

I don't have any doubt at all that Dallas knows he fucked up with the first penalty so decided any possible penalty shout after that was going to be one, its some form of twisted ref logic that they all seem to share.

If the ref "does his job correctly" we've got a penalty to go 2-2, then Haring is sent off minutes later. Yet Tommy Wright isn't blaming anyone, while Levein moans about how unfair it is, sprints towards the ref to shout at him, with McPhee pathetically following him, while refusing to shake Wrights hand. I can't believe Hearts fans aren't completely embarrassed by him at this stage.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't have any doubt at all that Dallas knows he fucked up with the first penalty so decided any possible penalty shout after that was going to be one, its some form of twisted ref logic that they all seem to share.

If the ref "does his job correctly" we've got a penalty to go 2-2, then Haring is sent off minutes later. Yet Tommy Wright isn't blaming anyone, while Levein moans about how unfair it is, sprints towards the ref to shout at him, with McPhee pathetically following him, while refusing to shake Wrights hand. I can't believe Hearts fans aren't completely embarrassed by him at this stage.

No. I think Levein has every right to lose his shit just now. That's 3 games on the trot..... good Djoum goal against St Mirren ruled offside... clearly offside Morelos goal for Rangers given..... and now a laughable penalty given against Haring. That's maybe 4 points lost to really,really bad decisions. I don't think they like us in Lanarkshire.

I'll take this back if the luck evens itself out and we get 3 goal critical decisions in the next 3 matches.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

No. I think Levein has every right to lose his shit just now. That's 3 games on the trot..... good Djoum goal against St Mirren ruled offside... clearly offside Morelos goal for Rangers given..... and now a laughable penalty given against Haring. That's maybe 4 points lost to really,really bad decisions. I don't think they like us in Lanarkshire.

I'll take this back if the luck evens itself out and we get 3 goal critical decisions in the next 3 matches.

You got a goal critical decision tonight.

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

4 games. "Offside" goal against Kilmarnock not given, along with a fairly obvious penalty.

23 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

"Evens out"? You got away with a clear penalty tonight, and a clear second yellow.

Or is it only decisions that go against you that count in this bizarre "Levein v the World" universe that everyone at Hearts seem to live in?

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Evens out"? You got away with a clear penalty tonight, and a clear second yellow.

Or is it only decisions that go against you that count in this bizarre "Levein v the World" universe that everyone at Hearts seem to live in?

How was it a clear penalty ? I only  saw Haring in a head-lock. Admittedly Dallas blew when the ball was in play. But do you usually get pens at McDiarmid for dishing out head-locks ?

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

How was it a clear penalty ? I only  saw Haring in a head-lock. Admittedly Dallas blew when the ball was in play. But do you usually get pens at McDiarmid for dishing out head-locks ?

Davidson ends up on the ground, an odd way to head lock someone that. The ref, whos five yards away with a clear view, sees it as a foul bad enough to book Haring.

The ball was in the box when the ref blew for the foul.

Its a penalty. 

Haring is booked. He clips a player whos on the counter, the ref, whos five yards away with a clear view, sees it as a foul.

Its a booking, and a red card.

Please though, continue utterly blinding yourself to these things so you can continue blaming absolutely everyone else for being unable to win a game. Maybe use injuries too, as if a club with the money Hearts have should be absolutely crippled by losing three players, while ignoring the fact your manager brought this on himself by wasting money on absolute shite. The principles the same for both.

Sportscene not even bothering to show the Davidson penalty incident, or the Haring tackle that should've been a red.

A dominant exciting performance from a injury ravaged Saints team, has now become a Hearts were robbed off a win by a dodgy ref again, story. Braw.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sportscene not even bothering to show the Davidson penalty incident, or the Haring tackle that should've been a red.

A dominant exciting performance from a injury ravaged Saints team, has now become a Hearts were robbed off a win by a dodgy ref again, story. Braw.

I watched the whole game on bbc alba, and didn't see these - can you post links?

4 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Dearie me, imagine how raging this Random oddball would have been if we had won.

PcadoTc.png

I'm not angry about the result in the slightest. I'm frustrated that, yet again, an exciting performance by Saints is being utterly ignored because a "bigger team" have decided to start mewling to the press about how they were cheated out the victory, and the press, rather than actually question, have just gone baws deep into that rhetoric.

There were three game changing decisions.

The first penalty, Harings second yellow, then the penalty that was given.

That's 2-1 in Hearts' favour. That's being ignored because Leveins desperate to distract their utterly fucking gullible fanbase away from a horrendously negative away game to a "smaller team", and the fact you've picked up 2 points from 6 games. And everyone seems to going with it.

4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I watched the whole game on bbc alba, and didn't see these - can you post links?

I don't know what minutes they were on, as every media outlet is just ignoring them, I'd need to watch Alba again.

Both were second half and before the penalty we got, though, I paused the corner one when the whistle blows and it's just crossing the line of the box when he blows it, I didn't watch it back long enough to see the second yellow incident or the one we got.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know Hearts weren't up to much but a dominant and exciting St Johnstone team it was not. If that was the case you would have put us to bed without needing a penalty.

3 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

I know Hearts weren't up to much but a dominant and exciting St Johnstone team it was not. If that was the case you would have put us to bed without needing a penalty.

How? Dominant teams dont always win, our inability to defend balls in the box came back and bit us on the arse, again. If we defend one out of two of those crosses better, Hearts go away with one goal and one real shot on target, yet still blame the ref I imagine.

We struggled to create chances as our two best creative players are injured. I thought we got more bodies forward than Hearts, had more of the ball in and around the box, and had more chances at goals. Players willing to take defenders on always seems more exciting too.

Hearts spent the game passing about the back and lumping balls to a striker who didn't win a header all night.

We've been really shit of late. Of course we're going to adopt percentage football considering the form St. Johnstone have been on of late; Lo and behold we didn't lose for a change.

Credit where it's due, you're a far better footballing side this season, but let's not pretend you're the harbingers of Total Football all of a sudden and slate us for our tactics, especially considering  the very same percentage football you've been playing in previous years either.

Dat pen decision. Fat Cunt

Archived