St Johnstone vs Hearts 05/12/2018

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Disclaimer - I wasn’t there, can’t get down from Inverness for midweek games.

Not sure talking about being big dirty time wasting b*****ds as a negative is overly fair to be honest. Saints have done plenty of that over the years with excellent and enjoyable results. Some coming across a bit Partick Thistle here. 

60 fucking minutes and they're time wasting, nope never seen Saints do that.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Well that's nonsense, Levein clearly deserves criticism for being negative, but I'm a football fan.  Any fan that isn't pissed off with that against their team is nuts, sorry.

Naismith and Uche and of that's Levein why were we playing quick attacking football for the first quarter of the season? And we did create chances without them or am I imagining us scoring twice away to a team who hadn't conceded for 6 games?

You didn't create anything. One goal was a set piece, the other was a cross straight from a throw in, aside from that Hearts offered absolutely nothing. 

Levein bleating about being the "better team" is hilarious enough, but he then says he'll "keep his own counsel and act with dignity" about the ref, less than an hour after he virtually sprinted onto the pitch to screech in the refs face as soon as the final whistle went.#

Again, you have two strikers out, we have Wright and Swanson out, not sure why its suddenly an excuse for turning into absolute fucking cloggers who spent the majority of their time in the lead trying to hold on. We also lost our only left back at half time, so thats three starters we had out injured. Clearly though, it doesnt compare with Hearts' crippling injury list of two.

I don't think Levein can have too much to say about Dallas's poor interpretation of events on a football park when he comes out with this little nougat post-match:

"I thought we built on our performance on Sunday. This is a hard place to come, they're in smashing form just now, and we were the better side. To lose a goal in that way again feels very sore..."

we were the better side

we were the better side

we were the better side

we were the better side

That was a better game I thought it'd be but still disappointed not to have come away with a win.

A draw is a fair result overall given both teams (lack of) chances and general quality of play. Again there wasn't that many players I would give pass marks tbh if we're going to compare them against performances at the start of the season. Djoum and Bozanic did okay in the middle and Berra did his usual by getting rid of the danger but there is so, so little creativity in this time. For the first 60 minutes or so we actually did okay but the last 30 minutes was painful stuff, so similar to most of the Rangers where we just launched it high to Haring who would be marked with 2 players.

It's grim times when it's St Johnstone fans who are (quite rightly) slating our style of play, it wasn't pretty. St Johnstone weren't particularly impressive and if they'd played better they could have won that comfortably. All they needed was to stick balls down their right wing and attack Mitchell and they could have had multiple opportunities. No idea how he's still starting at left back, Garuccio isn't drastically better but at least he can defend. Wighton ran about more than McLean did without being particularly useful but I'll take the effort as an improvement.

Andrew Dallas is a  absolute w**k. There's no agenda against Hearts, despite the horrific penalty call, there was questionable decisions all over the pitch. I thought it should have been a penalty at the corner where our player got booked and Haring should have been given a second yellow in the middle of the pitch for the professional foul. I realise that it's a high pressure job but get the majority of these refs and the rest of the old man's club at the SFA so far to f**k. The sooner there's a call to arms by enough clubs to launch them the better.

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Shambles

Have you seen the penalty incident with Haring and Davidson? Or the time Haring went through the back of Davidson on a booking?

Or are we going to spend the next few days being told how hard done by Hearts were to be robbed by a referee, purely because Levein spends every waking hour bleating soundbites to his mates in the press?

Just now, GorgieRoad said:

Andrew Dallas is a  absolute w**k. There's no agenda against Hearts, despite the horrific penalty call, there was questionable decisions all over the pitch. I thought it should have been a penalty at the corner where our player got booked and Haring should have been given a second yellow in the middle of the pitch for the professional foul. I realise that it's a high pressure job but get the majority of these refs and the rest of the old man's club at the SFA so far to f**k. The sooner there's a call to arms by enough clubs to launch them the better.

Very fair and accurate assessment I'd say 

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

60 fucking minutes and they're time wasting, nope never seen Saints do that.

They started it after they scored the first, horrendous stuff. 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you seen the penalty incident with Haring and Davidson? Or the time Haring went through the back of Davidson on a booking?

Or are we going to spend the next few days being told how hard done by Hearts were to be robbed by a referee, purely because Levein spends every waking hour bleating soundbites to his mates in the press?

Shambles.

Just been on Alba, the ball is in the 16 yard box when the referee blows and then books Haring for a foul, Haring doesn't commit the foul until the corners been taken.

HEARTS WERE ROBBED, though.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looked like Davidson was doing the wrestling. Presumably Dallas booked Haring but didn't give the penalty on the basis that the ball wasn't in play yet. But it was. Just. So, I would say that one was wrong on 2 counts, but justice done.

Haven't spotted the "going through Davidson" when was it ?  Saw Kane cut in front of him and take a tumble. Could have been a yellow, but would have been very very soft.

As for the penalty he did give..... It was straight after the Kane tumble. Was Dallas maybe thinking " I should have given him a 2nd yellow there. Never mind I'll make up for it with a penalty here." ? Anyway, definite contender for weirdest penalty decision of the season.

Archived