Forfar v Arbroath

Seems like we have some hold over the Angus teams just now, DCs record in the derbies is superb and our big players always seem to step up in them. Would need to do a bit of digging to see the record better but off of the top of my head anyway Forfar beating us 1-0 in the game that looked like it wrapped the league up for them might be DCs only derby defeat?

Anyway I didn't really like the team selection too much Saturday but I think it was forced upon Dick with ToB maybe having a slight niggle but they won the game so I'd stick with both Doris and Kader starting. If ToB is fit he needs to play though in my opinion.

3-2 away win. I think Forfar are good, especially going forward but we can't stop scoring at the moment and they look pretty dodgy at the back.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I demand that all of our players put in maximum effort for this one. That of course means that they should disregard positioning, tactics etc. and run after the ball a lot and put in as many tackles as possible. We'll get hammered, but the fans will love the effort and commitment on show and as I've recently learnt that's what it's all about; who gives a f**k about the 3 points, running about a lot is all that matters. Really we should appoint John Hughes with immediate effect.... based on his managerial history, we'd end up finishing 4th but we'd sign some gid honest laddies who would make up for their lack of footballing ability by showing lots of passion, desire, commitment and all the other buzzwords people use for players who lack ability but do lots of running about to make up for it.

Alternatively we could just make a single change from last week, with ToB into the centre, Whatley out and Hammy back to left back. It's harsh on Whatley that he's back on the bench, but it'd be even harsher to drop David Gold who has been fucking outstanding since he came into the team. Up top it's a 50/50 between starting Wallace or Doris, and it'll be harsh on the one who doesn't start in many ways. One thing I would say is I don't think Waldo is the sort of player who will ever change a game coming off the bench, where as we know Doris can do that. However, it would be harsh to drop Doris after Saturday..... whatever one he decides to start will be understandable in my opinion. I think the rest of the team picks itself really.

Seems like we have some hold over the Angus teams just now, DCs record in the derbies is superb and our big players always seem to step up in them. Would need to do a bit of digging to see the record better but off of the top of my head anyway Forfar beating us 1-0 in the game that looked like it wrapped the league up for them might be DCs only derby defeat?

Anyway I didn't really like the team selection too much Saturday but I think it was forced upon Dick with ToB maybe having a slight niggle but they won the game so I'd stick with both Doris and Kader starting. If ToB is fit he needs to play though in my opinion.

3-2 away win. I think Forfar are good, especially going forward but we can't stop scoring at the moment and they look pretty dodgy at the back.

We got beat 1-0 by Montrose as well towards the end of 16/17.
TOB should come back in for Whatley if he’s fit enough. Given he was on the bench you’d think they just chose not to risk him on Saturday. As said Whatley put in a decent shift on Saturday out of position but Hammy looked pretty shaky at centre half. Agree with what Simon said about Wallace, I don’t think he’s the type of player to make an impact off the bench but it’d be so harsh to drop Doris or McKenna. I think the same can sort of be said for Denholm and Kader. I don’t think Denholm is as good coming off the bench as Kader, but again it’d be harsh to drop Kader after his performance on Saturday.

We got beat 1-0 by Montrose as well towards the end of 16/17.
TOB should come back in for Whatley if he’s fit enough. Given he was on the bench you’d think they just chose not to risk him on Saturday. As said Whatley put in a decent shift on Saturday out of position but Hammy looked pretty shaky at centre half. Agree with what Simon said about Wallace, I don’t think he’s the type of player to make an impact off the bench but it’d be so harsh to drop Doris or McKenna. I think the same can sort of be said for Denholm and Kader. I don’t think Denholm is as good coming off the bench as Kader, but again it’d be harsh to drop Kader after his performance on Saturday.

If it was Forfar we were playing on Saturday instead of Stenny I think he would have risked TOB

I thought we missed Whatley in midfield on Saturday . Stenny had a lot of possession because no-one was breaking up their passing game. Both Swanks and Goldy were excellent going forward but another team would have punished us for not controlling the centre. Assuming ToB comes back then I'm not sure who should be left out. I would also start Wallace and keep Doris for later in the game. It's great to have these options.

Hopefully JW can play the Bollan  "i have a message for Arbroath" video clip , not to motivate the players but just to give them all a good laugh.

The doctor told me that my medical condition may take up to 10 years to clear (i suffer from Bollanitis)  but i can honestly see a dim light at the end of the long dark tunnel.

If we win on Saturday and this should be the start of the biggest collapse seen since 2016 season. #thefire

Archived