Motherwell v Celtic - Wednesday 5th December

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what was sweeter. The lovely goal by Johnson or reading all the tear stained, let's try act like we're not bothered, 7 oota 7 don't ye know? type posts on twitter and here that this result has triggered.

Well that was daylight robbery but I'll fucking take it. 
I thought we were awful for about 70 minutes tonight and only started coming into things once Main came on but didn't look like doing anything as Celtic were in control and basically taking the piss with their passing about from the back. 
Then Johnson comes up with a fine finish at the death in what was a difficult one to put away given he had to battle for it before getting his shot away, but what a fine placed shot it was giving Gordon no chance.
A very welcome and unexpected point and great to sicken Oily Brendan and his Golden Bhoys late on like that. [emoji4]

Aye but what about your big team.

🇦[emoji1248]🇹[emoji294]️[emoji294]️🇦[emoji1248]🇹

GIRFUY

Missed it, wha’appened?

Craigan got all pissy when nobody agreed with him about the disallowed goal.
Craigan then said he "didn't care" to which Sutty replied great punditry that!
Craigan then accused Sutty & Scott Mcdonald of being "Sellic men" as his rage started to reach that awkward embarrassing stage, they all laughed as McDonald reminded him that he also used to play for Motherwell. [emoji38]

Worth a watch, the absolute thunderkunt!

McDonald is so anti Motherwell in general though, Craggs should have outed him for the wee toad he is.

Celtic also wanna ditch this playing out from the back. They're shite at it and Gordon is awful with the baw at his feet

9 hours ago, The OP said:

Need rid of Brown, far more dynamic when he doesn’t play. Ntcham not really worth playing against hammer throwers either.

Are you actually suggesting that describing Motherwell FC as hammer throwers is laughable?

No, I based my summation on tonight and previous Celtic games against Motherwell. I don’t even know what you’re talking about.

Motherwell are hammer throwers. There might be perfectly good reasons why, but accept it and move on. I mean the post where I first used the phrase simply pointed out we don’t need Brown and his unimaginative style against teams like yours.

I am not particularly raging

tenor.gif.6417f148652edcde3b1744ee01173e4d.gif

Reasonable in the first half, dire in the second.  Whilst Motherwell barely threatened most of the game, their equaliser didn't come as a huge surprise.  Guys like Hayes and Gamboa just aren't cut out for Celtic, would have no issues with them being moved on in January.  It's also maybe time to reevaluate Scott Brown's role at the club. 

And to top the night off, the fact the rangers vs Aberdeen match had less than two goals, cost me £1300.

I found it pretty bizarre that Celtic could go from being utterly dominant in possession to a point where they were reduced to passing about their own 18 yard box - it belies a wee bit of arrogance on the part of Rodgers that no Plan B is needed in games like this. We had a youth team full back who was on a booking and blowing out his arse, and Celtic put him under no pressure at all. Also - the sight of Sinclair coming on was a welcome one; a chance to give him some deserved pelters and to witness him running about aimlessly and shiting himself from mild physical contact was a delight...

I found it pretty bizarre that Celtic could go from being utterly dominant in possession to a point where they were reduced to passing about their own 18 yard box - it belies a wee bit of arrogance on the part of Rodgers that no Plan B is needed in games like this. We had a youth team full back who was on a booking and blowing out his arse, and Celtic put him under no pressure at all. Also - the sight of Sinclair coming on was a welcome one; a chance to give him some deserved pelters and to witness him running about aimlessly and shiting himself from mild physical contact was a delight...

Grimshaw just about chucked him into the East Stand at one point and after that Sinclair didn’t want involved. Excellent stuff.

I said it before but the pedestrian way they set about the second half was ridiculous. Brown taking it off one centre back then giving it to the other one just let us get through without really breaking a sweat. Once we started stepping on top of them they had a 10 minute spell of playing passes straight out the park.

Robinson’s had it tight for a while but fair play to him. He was painted into a corner with the injuries but he managed it really well. Sammon put himself about and Main gave us a wee bit of energy late on.

Celtic should be counting themselves lucky that we couldn’t unleash the bold Rodriguez-Gorrin.

Wouldn't go as far as to say we robbed Celtic, but a strange feeling that we've snatched a point off Celtic without having to do anything to really earn it - some finish from Danny Johnson of course however.

Was it a deserved point from us? I mean I've seen us play far better against the Old Firm and come away empty handed, but last night was more on Celtic's inability to kill us off just before half time, and go down the gears in the second half to the point that I could actually see us pinching a goal as the half went on. 

Got the luck that you sometimes need however in these games with the chalked off goal, and Campbell counting himself lucky not to be shown a second yellow, but given some of the baffling decisions across the country last night I'd say the referee's performance was par for the course.

Archived