Motherwell v Celtic - Wednesday 5th December

11 hours ago, MJC said:

A tug on the jersey, but it was clear from replays that both players were 'tugging' jerseys so it was a very, very harsh decision.

Was there contact, that is the accepted Celtic criteria for incidents in the box

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a back four all game Started  with Donnelly  at rb Alfred and Hartley and Tait at lb

Then McHugh for Hartley 

Then Tait to rb with Livingstone lb

Then Grimshaw rb and Tait  lb

All those changes and Gillespie had only one save,  the penalty 

5 minutes ago, neildrake said:

We had a back four all game Started  with Donnelly  at rb Alfred and Hartley and Tait at lb

Then McHugh for Hartley 

Then Tait to rb with Livingstone lb

Then Grimshaw rb and Tait  lb

All those changes and Gillespie had only one save,  the penalty 

Ta

10 hours ago, mjw said:

Score the same amount of goals as the other side and you've earned a point.
There isn't a deserved points column in the league table.

Motherwell got a point by default,Rodgers decided to play Gamboa and Hayes knowing Motherwell had no threat on that side.
Lustig and Forrest were rested because killie have O'Donnell and Jones to compete with on Saturday.
Danny Johnson strike was a peach from that angle but celtic's best right back and right winger where not injured.
Brendan Rodgers knows Scottish football like the back of his hands but for me this was a mistake and Celtic dropped 2 points for nothing.
It's a small criticism when Celtic are winning every trophy domestically with no credit given.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:37, Mr Pikey said:

Ooft the arrogance of that statement is  fuckin delusional... limited ability preceded by hammer throwers. When you gonna save Broony's  silky skills for? The CL Final. Pity you can't move to an Atlantic league or the EPL where you could prevent yourselves being dragged down by the likes of us. But you can't and you never will.Fact is you are a big stinking fish in a wee pond. Without the tv money the English clubs get, you'll never get the players you need to progress in Europe. Yer screwed. The good old days ain't ever coming back. This is good as it gets so get used to it. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Motherwell got a point by default,Rodgers decided to play Gamboa and Hayes knowing Motherwell had no threat on that side.
Lustig and Forrest were rested because killie have O'Donnell and Jones to compete with on Saturday.
Danny Johnson strike was a peach from that angle but celtic's best right back and right winger where not injured.
Brendan Rodgers knows Scottish football like the back of his hands but for me this was a mistake and Celtic dropped 2 points for nothing.
It's a small criticism when Celtic are winning every trophy domestically with no credit given.

Motherwell only got a point because Brendan Rodgers let them. 

This guy is good.

This was a "weakened" Celtic team who had nine full internationals in the starting XI, one player who Leicester paid £13m for a year ago and another who Celtic paid Man City £4.5m for.  They then decided to bring on another full international, a £9m striker and Scott Sinclair (ok, I'll give you that one).

Must have been tough for them to overcome a team of young boys and English lower league journeymen. 

7 minutes ago, Desp said:

This was a "weakened" Celtic team who had nine full internationals in the starting XI, one player who Leicester paid £13m for a year ago and another who Celtic paid Man City £4.5m for.  They then decided to bring on another full international, a £9m striker and Scott Sinclair (ok, I'll give you that one).

Must have been tough for them to overcome a team of young boys and English lower league journeymen. 

That's maybe why it was a draw...

36 minutes ago, Desp said:

Celtic fans don't comprehend the fact that they aren't plucky underdogs constantly punching above their weight, let alone the fact that in the Scottish setup they are the binary opposite of that. I honestly think they have some sort of psychological disorder that renders them incapable of grasping this. "Celtic = plucky underdogs" seems to be hardcoded in their brains and no amount of evidence can overturn that.

9 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Hard to say for sure but....back to back trebles, a domestic season unbeaten, won the League cup 5 days ago, a likely qualification from the EL groups...Celtic fans appear to be easily pleased.

Aye because Gordon Strachan never did anything as Celtic manager.

What happened to playing The Celtic Way?

Celtic fans don't comprehend the fact that they aren't plucky underdogs constantly punching above their weight, let alone the fact that in the Scottish setup they are the binary opposite of that. I honestly think they have some sort of psychological disorder that renders them incapable of grasping this. "Celtic = plucky underdogs" seems to be hardcoded in their brains and no amount of evidence can overturn that.
That's it in a nutshell. Some (not all, I know plenty of sensible Celtic fans who just enjoy their success), have this inability to accept the fact that they're the establishment club in Scotland and cling to every instance of unfair treatment they can to satisfy their ingrained victim mentality.

"But we never got that throw in on the 38th minute in 2014! Conspiracy!"

You're at the pinnacle, there's nowhere else to go but down. I genuinely think some of them will be glad when Celtic's reign is finally toppled just to have something tangible to moan about!

9 hours ago, Desp said:

Big team found attitude plus slating your own team is some achievement.

Archived