Motherwell v Celtic - Wednesday 5th December

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said in the 'Well thread that I expect the dreaded back to basics will probably serve us ok in this game - so I expect a better performance, a close game but still a loss in the end. Regardless of the performance/result, it can't be allowed to paper over some pretty large cracks <insert kenneth williams gif>

49 minutes ago, Al B said:

Quite aware that this sounds like whataboutery, but I thought it was well known that was a crowd that had piled out the pub next to the ground when it was still largely a Rangers shop,

Was it not a group wanting to use fir park for some kind of function and Motherwell told them to GTF?

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Anything less than 0-3 and I'll be fine with it. We are absolutely stinking the place out. 

Horrible outlook to have, especially as I can remember the days when we used to relish Celtic coming to Fir Park back in the 90s as we always fancied our chances against them and indeed did beat them on a good few occasions.

But aye, you're right in saying that a 3-0 loss tonight and we will have gotten off lightly!

I mean, this time last year we came within about 90 seconds of taking all three points with a team that had the competition winner playing on the left for 45 minutes. 

I'm not confident in the slightest and think we'll get a doing, but still.

25 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I mean, this time last year we came within about 90 seconds of taking all three points with a team that had the competition winner playing on the left for 45 minutes. 

I'm not confident in the slightest and think we'll get a doing, but still.

That game confuses me to this day. A front 3 of Petravicius- Moult - Frear looking like a functioning strikeforce against that Celtic side makes the least sense of anything I've seen on a football pitch.

That game was a high point of the "get stuck in" approach last season - Celtic didn't really fancy it that night (and we probably had more fire in the belly after the Cup Final loss). Competition winner was still pish though.

That was also the night that we got Tommy fucking Sheridan to do the half time draw whilst wearing a Celtic scarf. One of the worst things I've ever seen at Fir Park in my time. Who in the name of f**k allowed that to happen?!?

Thank goodness I turned down a free ticket for this.
That line up gives me the fear, if we end up getting anything from this game it will look like a total master stroke by Robinson, if not, as I suspect, we get pumped, surely it’s time up for the manager.

Robinson has lost the fucking plot with that lineup, either that or he's chucked it and expects to be gone soon and so doesn't give a shit anymore.

I know he warned us that we were 'getting back to basics' or basically going to try and shitfest our way through games but that team is taking shitfest to a new level. Liam Donnelly and Connor Sammon starting? The end is nigh for SR.

23 minutes ago, MJC said:

Robinson has lost the fucking plot with that lineup, either that or he's chucked it and expects to be gone soon and so doesn't give a shit anymore.

I know he warned us that we were 'getting back to basics' or basically going to try and shitfest our way through games but that team is taking shitfest to a new level. Liam Donnelly and Connor Sammon starting? The end is nigh for SR.

Not often i agree with you . But this was my exact thoughts when I seen the team. Robinson had lost it big time 

Archived