• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Were you at any of the games he had played in prior to Friday since getting back into the team?

Edge has been like a new player (for the most part) since Robbie came in, so fair comment,  but he was fucking dreadful last Friday.

That being said, so were the rest of them, and to give Edge some slack,  he was up against arguably the best player in the league in Shankland, but came up way short.

I think Frans will (and should) start on Saturday in place of Edge.

5 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Edge has been like a new player (for the most part) since Robbie came in, so fair comment,  but he was fucking dreadful last Friday.

That being said, so were the rest of them, and to give Edge some slack,  he was up against arguably the best player in the league in Shankland, but came up way short.

I think Frans will (and should) start on Saturday in place of Edge.

I’d be happy to see Frans back in.  Like you I thought Edge was awful but should not be judged on that one game.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Were you at any of the games he had played in prior to Friday since getting back into the team?

I was. Ive also been at the vast majority of games since hes been at the club. Ive come to the conclusion that hes utterly shite. 

When playing next to a decent defender while up against one forward then hes looked OK like the last few games.

Up against two good forwards and hes been reduced to a nervous, shaking wreck of a player. Frans would have dealt with that game much better imo. 

Dont get me wrong, Edge wasnt the only player to have a howler but he was one of the worst out there.

Was thinking Johansson might try something different here, given that teams have pretty well worked out our 3-5-2, maybe going to something more creative with a diamond or box four in the centre of midfield supporting one up front.

But... having watched the highlights from last Friday night, I’m pretty sure he’ll want to stick with two up against that back line (see above) and get Iredale forward on the left.

Might work...

Not expecting anything here. If they somehow surprise us then great but can't see it. 

I'd like to see Telfer involved as he and Tidser ( and possibly MacLean) are the only  creative players we have who can make something happen.  

I'd go back to something like this;

Gats,

Tumilty Buchanan Waddell  Iredale.

Millar    McAlister

Telfer               Tidser                  MacLean

Mchugh.           

Bench- Scully, McKeown, Kilday, Lyon, Thomson, Armour, 

Keeps Thomson and Kilday out of the starting 11 and gets a few of our creative players further up the park. When Tidser played a bit further forward early on in the season, he was unplayable at times.

No doubt still see the same 352/532 wit Kilday and Thomson in.

Not expecting anything here. If they somehow surprise us then great but can't see it. 
I'd like to see Telfer involved as he and Tidser ( and possibly MacLean) are the only  creative players we have who can make something happen.  
I'd go back to something like this;
                                Gats,
Tumilty Buchanan Waddell  Iredale.
                       Millar    McAlister
Telfer               Tidser                  MacLean
                          Mchugh.           
Bench- Scully, McKeown, Kilday, Lyon, Thomson, Armour, 
Keeps Thomson and Kilday out of the starting 11 and gets a few of our creative players further up the park. When Tidser played a bit further forward early on in the season, he was unplayable at times.
No doubt still see the same 352/532 wit Kilday and Thomson in.

Surely you've gotta look at tapes from Friday and put two pressing players up front ?

^^^^ Trying to lull himself into thinking we might go hung-ho... not a chance.

Think we’ll play for IainMorton’s prediction... but not get it.

Edited to say I’m not editing ‘hung-ho’...

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

3 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Surely you've gotta look at tapes from Friday and put two pressing players up front ?

Gary Oliver and Bob McHugh would have been the front two but Oliver is injured so it will probably be Robert Thomson up top who isn't exactly a presser or the other option is to change the shape!

3 hours ago, pauliewalnuts said:

The weather forecast is very poor tomorrow afternoon (amount of rain) - whats it like in Greenock this afternoon ? 

I’d imagine the Ayr game now being called off, our game will now be doubtful. Hope I’m wrong though.

15 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Is the pub at the ground open to away fans?

That hovel takes all it can get so away fans have no problems there. 

Given our own wildly erratic form and Dundee United's bizarre shoeing last week it could be a difficult one to call. But as Dundee United have a stronger team overall and I suspect JJ has now begun to circle the drain in terms of credibility within the dressing room, I expect a comfortable away win. 

5 hours ago, pauliewalnuts said:

The weather forecast is very poor tomorrow afternoon (amount of rain) - whats it like in Greenock this afternoon ? 

3D899BFB-1D48-45E0-9AE8-C32A3764A78A.jpeg.d6db96abaa660bf14a4a980ebe951614.jpeg

VT dishing out dots that only a virgin would care about.

Image result for virgin gif

Image result for mcgregor laughing gif

16 hours ago, madton said:

Gary Oliver and Bob McHugh would have been the front two but Oliver is injured so it will probably be Robert Thomson up top who isn't exactly a presser or the other option is to change the shape!

McHugh is injured. So is Iredale.

At this rate we’ll be sticking the reserves out.

5 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

McHugh is injured. So is Iredale.

At this rate we’ll be sticking the reserves out.

So it’s going to be Thomson up top himself? God help us.