Morton v Dundee United

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Well you're welcome to him...I thought he was utter gash.

p.s. If Bob McHugh was fit enough to come on as sub...why the hell wasn't he on from the start? 

Thomson isn't everyone's cup of tea but to say he was utter gash is complete nonsense IMO.

Won headers, held the ball up and showed some nice touches/ turns too.I'm sure JJ will have been happy with his performance today.

One of our better players today for me alongside Millar and Buchanan.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Thomson isn't everyone's cup of tea but to say he was utter gash is complete nonsense IMO.

Won headers, held the ball up and showed some nice touches/ turns too.I'm sure JJ will have been happy with his performance today.

One of our better players today for me alongside Millar and Buchanan.

Well each to his own I suppose....I want him gone in the window.Also...Midge  couldn't find a man with a pass all day.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Supporter of a team that's probably going to be papped down league 1 by the end of the season trying to get it up other teams 

Laughing-Goose.gif.fb6a04e8d66a191ca67b78f34e0f7c8d.gif

imgur_reaction.gif.116e087a10400ebb89728947e6542d82.gif

Ive been saying for ages that our keepers are rubbish. Thats a howler from Rankovan having seen it just now. Both keepers really are shite. 

I really hope Laszlo isnt getting his full whack for that alone. Astonishing how crippled we are because of him.

Mehmet didnt look fantastic but he looked like a solid keeper for this level so hopefully hes back soon - unless theres someone better available in January. 

12 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Although United fans wish, with every new manager, that we have the next Messiah, Neilson has the Csaba players with which to form a unit defying all opposition.

But Neilson, having made his selection for the match, made poor choices to change the game, especially via substitutions, and has to take a part of the guilt for the poor performance, especially in the second half.

Morton: I was impressed with Thomson sticking to his task in a barren first half, while the lad that scored Buchanan also is solid.  In fact, I'd say he's on a par, if not better, than United's central defenders.

While i agree Neilson may not be the best manager in the world, what we have player wise is similar to arming a squad of marines with a balloon and asking them to take down Vladimir Putin.

If your keeper is flailing about and your attacking options from the bench are are Billy King and Matty Smith its difficult to change anything to be more positive. Or even maintain the current level of mediocrity. 

Was it 4231 or 442 yesterday by the way? Just curious as i didnt catch any commentary etc.

14 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Well each to his own I suppose....I want him gone in the window.Also...Midge  couldn't find a man with a pass all day.

That's just absolute nonsense about Millar, one of our better players yesterday and head and shoulders above his midfield colleagues. Incidentally, I thought it was one of McAllister's better games this season.

The first half was absolutely grim, with how listless we were genuinely being funny at times. We were just completely devoid of imagination and the number of times a player was in possession with no one even attempting to help them out and show for a pass was laughable. The second was a considerable improvement with McHugh making a big difference and bringing Millar and McAlister into the game.

You do have to acknowledge that Dundee United allowed us back into it by trying to sit on the lead rather than killing us off, while we've needed a goalkeeping howler from a set piece to get the equaliser, so the performance still needs to improve considerably if we're to get results from the vast majority of games. It's a decent point in itself though.

5 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think it was supposed to be 4-4-2, but Curran doesn't really stick to his position, he's a bit of a headless chicken (if PETA will allow me). Stalk-less carrot otherwise.

f**k PETA. As a horticulturalist i take offence to those rabbit shagging b*****ds using language to degrade plants. 

Bunch of bunny boilers. 

And Curran isnt very good but hes going to be even less effective if hes wandering about. Stop gap material i reckon.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think it was supposed to be 4-4-2, but Curran doesn't really stick to his position, he's a bit of a headless chicken (if PETA will allow me). Stalk-less carrot otherwise.

I'd say 4-5-1 in the second half.

Great tactics in second 45 allowed us to get back in the game with JJ realising we needed a forward ( Bob a job)to support Thomson.

Buchanan MOM with Miller putting in a decent shift.

Time to dump Tiff and McLean (not interested)

13 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

f**k PETA. As a horticulturalist i take offence to those rabbit shagging b*****ds using language to degrade plants. 

Bunch of bunny boilers. 

And Curran isnt very good but hes going to be even less effective if hes wandering about. Stop gap material i reckon.

^^^^ Has cannabis plants in his loft.

On 08/12/2018 at 20:09, Dundee Hibernian said:

Although United fans wish, with every new manager, that we have the next Messiah, Neilson has the Csaba players with which to form a unit defying all opposition.

But Neilson, having made his selection for the match, made poor choices to change the game, especially via substitutions, and has to take a part of the guilt for the poor performance, especially in the second half.

Morton: I was impressed with Thomson sticking to his task in a barren first half, while the lad that scored Buchanan also is solid.  In fact, I'd say he's on a par, if not better, than United's central defenders.

Buchanan has had a handful of really good games for Morton, but has been terrible more than he has been good (he epitomises our season, actually). There's no doubting that he has the ability to be a good defender at this level but he has been a ball watcher so often this season. You can see why he has managed to get a few clubs in this league, and you can also see why he has never been a consistent part of a good defence.  

Archived