Morton v Dundee United

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I think it's more 4-4-2 so Curran and Safranko up front 

That's what I assume. That or  a 4-2-3-1 with Curran as the number 10. Either way it's McMullan out on the wing and there'll presumably be less interchanging by the three attackers supporting Safranko. 

Our bench isn't particularly strong though. King and Smith are the only two attacking options, neither are overly reliable.

First time this season that I thought the team showed real fighting  qualities to get back in the game after going a goal down. 

Utd scored with a looping header that surely Gaston should have saved?  

Better 2nd half and all the players were up for it.  Managed to get a goal back with another keeper error after the Utd keeper punched the ball straight to Buchanan who headed it into the empty net.

Morton pressed but couldn't get the 2nd goal. Draw was probably a fair result in the end I suppose.

Thought Millar and McAlistair drove on the players from midfield. Thomson ran himself into the ground. But I thought McKeown had a great game.     

First time this season that I thought the team showed real fighting  qualities to get back in the game after going a goal down. 
Utd scored with a looping header that surely Gaston should have saved?  
Better 2nd half and all the players were up for it.  Managed to get a goal back with another keeper error after the Utd keeper punched the ball straight to Buchanan who headed it into the empty net.
Morton pressed but couldn't get the 2nd goal. Draw was probably a fair result in the end I suppose.
Thought Millar and McAlistair drove on the players from midfield. Thomson ran himself into the ground. But I thought McKeown had a great game.     

Thought Telfer was the only player who’d get pass parks in the first half, chased everything and looked dangerous a couple of times when everyone else contributed almost nothing. I still want more from McAlister too, agree with the rest though.

Pretty sure the last circle of Hell involves watching every single 1-1, set piece determined draw between these two teams in the past few years. But stopping the rot with a makeshift side makes it a better point than most we’ll pick up this season.

Although United fans wish, with every new manager, that we have the next Messiah, Neilson has the Csaba players with which to form a unit defying all opposition.

But Neilson, having made his selection for the match, made poor choices to change the game, especially via substitutions, and has to take a part of the guilt for the poor performance, especially in the second half.

Morton: I was impressed with Thomson sticking to his task in a barren first half, while the lad that scored Buchanan also is solid.  In fact, I'd say he's on a par, if not better, than United's central defenders.

5 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Although United fans wish, with every new manager, that we have the next Messiah, Neilson has the Csaba players with which to form a unit defying all opposition.

But Neilson, having made his selection for the match, made poor choices to change the game, especially via substitutions, and has to take a part of the guilt for the poor performance, especially in the second half.

Morton: I was impressed with Thomson sticking to his task in a barren first half, while the lad that scored Buchanan also is solid.  In fact, I'd say he's on a par, if not better, than United's central defenders.

Well you're welcome to him...I thought he was utter gash.

p.s. If Bob McHugh was fit enough to come on as sub...why the hell wasn't he on from the start? 

Archived