• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Relegation dogfight part 16  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who's winning?

• Falkirk
    • Alloa

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m sure Alloa will have a go on the counter attack as I agree they need to win. With our defence they certainly should approach the game with confidence.
I wonder if anyone knows our record at TFS the last couple of years? I tend to recollect someone pointing out how rarely we were winning at home under Houstie even in our latter playoff season. Beginning to think we would be better playing away every week.....

1.5 PPG at home last season, 0.29 PPG at home this season. Won 47% of our home games in 16/17, cups and friendlies included.

Will have a look for years beyond that later if I remember. 

Whats interesting about this game is that simce Ray changed our system, the only team we have played at home who anyone would have gave us any chance with was a shitfest v Partick.

The current system has seen us match up to, draw with and on 2 occassions beat better teams with a squad of better players.

We need to ensure that the players have the same attitude and workrate as against ICT/Pars and trust that they will match up well enough to get the points against one of the three shittest teams in the league.

The only worry there is figuring out what happened against Partick and avoiding that.

As with almost every game now, I wouldnt be gutted to come out with a draw. Home/away form aside, Alloa are facing a better more balanced team than the one that beat them through there so no reason we cant fancy ourselves.

9 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'd certainly say Alloa need the 3pts more as being below us before January would really be a disaster if they think they will stay up.

Be really something to be 8th or higher before 2019

A disaster?! A lot of people expected us to be cut adrift from early on and to be regularly outclassed in this league. Instead, the only teams that have looked clearly better than us have been Ayr and Ross County, and even then County needed two last minute winners to beat us. The only disappointment is that 11 points is a poor reflection of how well we have played. But Alloa are doing really well and if we can maintain the level of performance then the players can be really proud of their efforts, regardless of where we end up.

If we do manage to be in with a chance of staying up going into the home straight then fantastic, but being relegated from this league isn't a disaster for Alloa, and being behind Falkirk in January most certainly isn't. 

Edited by Waspie

6 minutes ago, Waspie said:

A disaster?! A lot of people expected us to be cut adrift from early on and to be regularly outclassed in this league. Instead, the only teams that have looked clearly better than us have been Ayr and Ross County, and even then County needed two last minute winners to beat us. The only disappointment is that 11 points is a poor reflection of how well we have played. But Alloa are doing really well and if we can maintain the level of performance then the players can be really proud of their efforts, regardless of where we end up.

If we do manage to be in with a chance of staying up going into the home straight then fantastic, but being relegated from this league isn't a disaster for Alloa, and being behind Falkirk in January most certainly isn't. 

You seem to have deliberately ignored the words I put following disaster.

If you're happy to have a standard Alloa championship season of being relegated then you attack my post all you like but people can easily read what I wrote.

You yourself said how well you've played this season yet you could easily be bottom come 5PM Saturday if results go against you. Given everyone agrees Alloa have been a surprise package I'd say that is a disaster for yous.

23 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

If you're happy to have a standard Alloa championship season of being relegated then you attack my post all you like but people can easily read what I wrote.

You yourself said how well you've played this season yet you could easily be bottom come 5PM Saturday if results go against you. Given everyone agrees Alloa have been a surprise package I'd say that is a disaster for yous.

Touchy !!

Whats interesting about this game is that simce Ray changed our system, the only team we have played at home who anyone would have gave us any chance with was a shitfest v Partick.

The current system has seen us match up to, draw with and on 2 occassions beat better teams with a squad of better players.

We need to ensure that the players have the same attitude and workrate as against ICT/Pars and trust that they will match up well enough to get the points against one of the three shittest teams in the league.

The only worry there is figuring out what happened against Partick and avoiding that.

As with almost every game now, I wouldnt be gutted to come out with a draw. Home/away form aside, Alloa are facing a better more balanced team than the one that beat them through there so no reason we cant fancy ourselves.
Against Partick we had Lewis up front with Dallison and Haber on the bench as strikers. That was the problem

Against Partick we had Lewis up front with Dallison and Haber on the bench as strikers. That was the problem
The problem is, as it has been for a good few seasons, the middle of the park.

Lol aye forgot about thay already. Its easier to delete from the memory when you werent at the game.

So we going 3-0 Bairns then, both goals scored by Rudden?

Saturday will be our test. The only game this season where we were favourites to win was at Stenhousemuir and we are well aware of the result there. Underdog is our best position with our current shower

12 hours ago, Waspie said:

Any manager whose side are below us come January should immediately be given the boot.  This is not just one of the worst Falkirk sides in living memory but one of thee worst squads ever put together at this level.  I'd have a right riddy if that happens.

Edited by Shodwall cat

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Any manager whose side are below us come January should immediately be given the boot.  This is not just one of the worst Falkirk sides in living memory but one of thee worst squads ever put together at this level.  I'd have a right riddy if that happens.

In summary: Your team is so mince if it can't beat our mince on a minimum of double the wages and training 4 days a week in hope of not being mince then Jim Goodwin has done a bad job.

In other words it's not comparable. I'm waiting on the point in the season when we string a few wins together, I firmly believe it's coming, and there probably aren't much better runs than Falkirk, Partick and QotS. 

Where's the draw option?

13 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

The suggestion that being bottom of the Championship in December is a disaster for Alloa is truly moronic. 

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

The suggestion that being bottom of the Championship in December is a disaster for Alloa is truly moronic. 

Its really not.

Being below this genuinely atrocious Falkirk side is disastrous for any team in this league, don't try and hide behind your diddieness.

52 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

As Leodhas has pointed out, this shows a real lack of understanding of the different situations.

For the record, your squad might well be rank rotten, but it's most definitely not one of the worst ever at this level. Have a look at some of the points totals down the years, you already have more than a few teams managed over a season. You are shite by your own standards but there have been worse squads and plenty of them. 

30 minutes ago, Waspie said:

As Leodhas has pointed out, this shows a real lack of understanding of the different situations.

For the record, your squad might well be rank rotten, but it's most definitely not one of the worst ever at this level. Have a look at some of the points totals down the years, you already have more than a few teams managed over a season. You are shite by your own standards but there have been worse squads and plenty of them. 

Teams may have picked up less points in previous seasons but thats more to do with the fact that the standard was better than it is this season.  Its you guys that dont have an understanding of how bad the likes of  Froxy, Owen Evans, Dallison, Mackin and Turner etc are . We've no played a really decent side yet and yet we're a mile off the top.  We recently  got hammered off Stenhousemuir the worst side in league one so if that doesnt tell you how awful we are then somethings far wrong and says it all about the standard of the championship this season if we arent bottom in January.

Edited by Shodwall cat