• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  

Relegation dogfight part 16  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who's winning?

• Falkirk
    • Alloa

They didn’t show too much to concern me much when we last played them. However they’ve had some better results since. We need to play the system we know works, with lots of hard work and concentration to get something from the game. 

We haven’t got the right to be going into any game being confident and I hope the guys won’t be  complacent. 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Can see this being a score draw.

I'm still at the stage in the season where when I see we've scored, I refresh the page to make sure it's not a typo. I'll take a point if needs be, but a cheeky 1-0.

A bit concerned that Ray may want to try to win it and play the same way we did v Stenny. We need to keep our discipline, try to draw them out then hit on the  break.

If Alloa come for a draw though then we may see both teams just sit in their own halves.

Wanted to see where we both got our points from.

Alloa - Inverness (A) Dundee Utd (H) Dunfermline (A) QOS (A) Partick (H)* Inverness (H) Morton (A)* 11pts

Falkirk - Alloa (A)* Ross C (H) Dunfermline (A) Partick (H) Inverness (A)* 11Pts

Falkirk clearly do better away winning 9pts Whilst Alloa are a mixed bag. Seems we both do well against ICT.

Edited by Gaz FFC

I'm still at the stage in the season where when I see we've scored, I refresh the page to make sure it's not a typo. I'll take a point if needs be, but a cheeky 1-0.

Our home forms horrendous, we do better against teams on the break which we don’t seem to get to do when we’re at home. Would happily take a 1-0.

48 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

A bit concerned that Ray may want to try to win it and play the same way we did v Stenny. We need to keep our discipline, try to draw them out then hit on the  break.

If Alloa come for a draw though then we may see both teams just sit in their own halves.

Alloa won't play for a draw, that's not been the style at all and this would be a bizarre place to start. 

Falkirk at home was the most disappointing performance I've seen from us. We have been outplayed by Ayr and Ross County but pretty much every other game has been well contested. That day however we were deservedly beaten by a side who didn't offer anything other than a physical presence. The wee pitch, which has been a really poor move from us in general, worked for Falkirk that day.

We have been better away from home and hopefully that trend continues on Saturday. Get the ball down and play and we can cause Falkirk plenty of problems. 

31 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Wanted to see where we both got our points from.

Alloa - Inverness (A) Dundee Utd (H) Dunfermline (H) QOS (A) Partick (H)* Inverness (H) Morton (A)* 11pts

Falkirk - Alloa (A)* Ross C (H) Dunfermline (A) Partick (H) Inverness (A)* 11Pts

Falkirk clearly do better away winning 9pts Whilst Alloa are a mixed bag. Seems we both do well against ICT.

Alloa lost at home to Dunfermline - The goalless draw was at EEP.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Alloa lost at home to Dunfermline - The goalless draw was at EEP.

My bad.

Will edit.

We should be looking to improve our goal difference with this one - could be important in settling 3rd or 4th. Rudden hat-trick, Paton 30 yarder and a cheeky Petra brace.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

It'll be a game of high school volleyball, with both teams battering the ball back and forth over the halfway line. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Our home forms horrendous, we do better against teams on the break which we don’t seem to get to do when we’re at home. Would happily take a 1-0.

I'd put a hat on it and salute it. 

Any prediction would be pure guesswork. That we can turn in the performance we did at Stenny (but still extenuating circumstances for that, and it was all down to shambolic defending), and then revert to something more akin to the set ups that got us a win in Fife, and a win in Inverness, and you have to imagine that we will line up pretty much as per Saturday with maybe the inclusion of Bauben.

A first home win of the season would be a truly wonderful thing, and send us into the Christmas period with 14 points (which is several more than expected). We are in a detached group of three at this point in time, and getting into January atop that little group would be outstanding given what has gone before.

Saturday is certainly crucial.

We have a point to prove here , our away form is better and I feel we will avenge our last result against you , we were poor that day and I think the lads will be well up for it

should be a good game .looking forward to it   

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Alloa won't play for a draw, that's not been the style at all and this would be a bizarre place to start. 

Falkirk at home was the most disappointing performance I've seen from us. We have been outplayed by Ayr and Ross County but pretty much every other game has been well contested. That day however we were deservedly beaten by a side who didn't offer anything other than a physical presence. The wee pitch, which has been a really poor move from us in general, worked for Falkirk that day.

We have been better away from home and hopefully that trend continues on Saturday. Get the ball down and play and we can cause Falkirk plenty of problems. 

Glad to hear it as I think Alloa coming at us will give us the best chance of a result.

Mutch

Kidd McGhee Harrison Brough Robson

Muirhead Paton Sammut

Rudden Petravicius

Subs: Fasan, Dallison, Dumbuya, McKee, Irving, Lewis, Haber

The key to getting something from this is not to go out all guns blazing. We need to sit in, keep men behind the ball and hit Alloa on the counter. I thought playing three defensive midfielders worked well on Saturday so I'd keep it the same. You then have McKee and Irving to come on later if we need more creativity.

Edited by EdiBairn

This 100%.

20 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Can see this being a score draw.

My good  thoughts also albeit a possible 0-0, though I reminded myself having Fasan in goals and our defence which is still shoddy will possibly mean Alloa will score. The bad thoughts are this is the kinda game we could lose.

The home support I think will be important on Saturday, hopefully very much the same as the Ross County game

The decline at our club shows exactly how far we have dropped when we see Alloa as a very important fixture at the start of December.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

My good  thoughts also albeit a possible 0-0, though I reminded myself having Fasan in goals and our defence which is still shoddy will possibly mean Alloa will score. The bad thoughts are this is the kinda game we could lose.

The home support I think will be important on Saturday, hopefully very much the same as the Ross County game

The decline at our club shows exactly how far we have dropped when we see Alloa as a very important fixture at the start of December.

To be honest, after 11 seasons in this league, the fact we apparently didn't view these as important games might give a wee clue as to the lack of promotion. 

"Ach, it's only Alloa/Brechin/Morton" etc. Turning up to the wee clubs expecting three points, leaving with one and wondering how we never go up. Peak Falkirk. 

Sitting deep and playing on the break at home to Alloa. What a time to be alive.