Ross County v Queens

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

....... but, but, but, we are relegation certainties without Dobbie. 

Does not compute.

No question that was a great result today, but you can’t conclude anything from one game. The relegation certainties that Gus produced managed a draw against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, for example.

If we include the game where Dobbie had to go off injured in the first half v Dundee U when we were drawing, the results in the last 6 games without him are L L W L D D 

So, one win and 5 points from 6 games. Wouldn’t necessarily make a team relegation certainties, but that average would produce 30 points across a season. Obviously, you have to take into account the level of the opposition etc, so you can’t conclude anything from the results in the 6 games. But nor can you conclude anything from the result in one game.

I’m absolutely not trying to take anything away from the result today which is as welcome as it is unexpected. 

1 minute ago, Flash said:

No question that was a great result today, but you can’t conclude anything from one game. The relegation certainties that Gus produced managed a draw against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, for example.

If we include the game where Dobbie had to go off injured in the first half v Dundee U when we were drawing, the results in the last 6 games without him are L L W L D D 

So, one win and 5 points from 6 games. Wouldn’t necessarily make a team relegation certainties, but that average would produce 30 points across a season. Obviously, you have to take into account the level of the opposition etc, so you can’t conclude anything from the results in the 6 games. But nor can you conclude anything from the result in one game.

I’m absolutely not trying to take anything away from the result today which is as welcome as it is unexpected. 

Great point today really thought we would not get anything today .

Queens are now in the Top 4 but it is a very tight league there will be many draws in the league nothing between the teams.

No reason why we can't get maximun points from the next 3 games and go into the New Year in the top 4. 
Stick on Johnston will be punted by Saturday and the Pars will have that bounce on Saturday [emoji38]

I'm more confident playing Alloa away than at home as their game is more suited to a wider pitch apparently. Ayr will be hoping to make up for their earlier humiliation.

I'd be hoping for at least 5 point from the next 3. Hopefully Dobbie is back by the Alloa game.

31 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

No reason why we can't get maximun points from the next 3 games and go into the New Year in the top 4. 

No reason why we absolutely can't win these games, but very little reason to see it as at all likely either.

Feels like a defeat after controlling the first half without doing much, upping the tempo for ten minutes or so which had Queens on the ropes before our mindset totally went all over the shop, let Queens score a cheap equaliser and then have some further wobbles at the back. At the minute we just aren't good enough to think about winning this league.

Whoever thought that putting Stewart as a wide midfielder was wrong, and whoever didn’t recognise at halftime that what they thought might work wasn’t working was wrong. It seems like every week we wait for the team and there’s a surprise either in who’s in or who’s not, who’s on the sub bench and who’s not. All that would be fine if more often or not it was a good surprise, unfortunately....

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Queens helping out their southern brothers against the highlanders. Beautiful stuff indeed.

Feel free to return the favour by beating Inverness and keeping us in the top 4.

In fairness we've taken more points off you than off County. Neither of the top two have beaten us yet.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, not "certainties".

A welcome point today hardly dismantles the theory that we'd be significantly worse off without him though.  

Nobody in their right mind doubts we would be significantly worse without him. Of course we would. My point has been that we arent automatic relegation candidates without him despite some of the knicker wetting when the question comes up. I acknowledge Flash's point above, and I havent said we wouldnt be relegation candidates, but the idea we definitely would be in trouble without him is somewhat of a reach. I would take pretty much any of our other first eleven players over their equivalent at Falkirk probably for a start. We have some other very good players for this level.

Feel free to return the favour by beating Inverness and keeping us in the top 4.
In fairness we've taken more points off you than off County. Neither of the top two have beaten us yet.

I’m more worried about our trip to Palmerston in a few weeks. A real banana skin that considering how poor our record is down there and the unspeakable things that happened earlier on this year.

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m more worried about our trip to Palmerston in a few weeks. A real banana skin that considering how poor our record is down there and the unspeakable things that happened earlier on this year.

Yeah, I'm now convinced I'm the jinx. I have never seen us win at Palmerston in about 5/6 attempts. Hell we've not even drawn one when I've been there. :1eye

I better not run on the pitch this time either. ;)

42 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Completely unforgettable match.  County need to move up a couple of gears that they don’t seem to have at the moment.  Vigurs a big miss.

We've shown it in small bursts, but nothing more. We look flat footed and pedestrian more often than not.

First half was poor but county should've been ahead and it looked like a penalty to me when Frizzel(?) slid in. Game ended with both teams going for it and Queens having some chances of there own, Todd  hesitating when through on goal being the best. Point fair but never expected a point after 1-0 down and county missing plenty chances, Big game next week now.

Archived