Free-scoring Rangers vs Joe Lewis. 5th December

Last night’s performance and result cannot be understated. The same team, bar one, who gave their everything on Sunday right up to the final whistle, to come away losing the cup. To then come to Ibrox and give everything again for the whole 95 minutes, and to play a man less than the opposition for over half an hour, is absolutely massive. The referee had three massive decisions to make and gets two wrong, to our detriment. Cosgrove wins the ball cleanly and gets kicked by the opponent  and gets booked. Laugherty puts his arm into McKenna’s face and doesn’t get booked. At least he booked Morelos for his arm in the face, but even McLean couldn’t not give that. I will be amazed if we still have Scott McKenna after January, but you never know. I know that we need to try to get Shinnie and Mackay-Steven signed up, but even more than them we need to get Joe Lewis on a longer contract. He is just behind, just behind, McGregor as the best keeper in Scotland and I feel that we may be taking him for granted and some team will come in for him. Bring on the form team on Saturday and let’s be the first team to beat them in what seems like forever.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/319893-official-rangers-v-aberdeen-thread/?page=45

"Fucking sick of this never ending misery"

Glorious. 

Ha! I came on here with the intention of posting this but I see I've been beaten to it. 

Second in the league and that's his outlook. Typical bun.

Mols94

• Legend
  • gold.png.70c769a01f5a9a7f935557aa1320178
  • Mols94
  • Club Legend
  • 7,011 posts

Fucking sick of this never ending misery

• Like 4

Isn’t that called retaliation?

Here’s rangers tv in the talking points

Morelos red
https://streamable.com/z4ixt

Cosgrove red
https://streamable.com/k8d5m

Goal
https://streamable.com/olspl

[emoji23][emoji23]
The commentary on Cosgrove’s red is a real example of someone seeing what they want to see rather than what is actually happening.
What a dickhead [emoji23]

Well that was fucking pish. Had to park away down at Drumoyne past the Fairfield Bowling Club. On miserably trudging out the ground I got a nail through bottom of trainers...FFS as if my night hadn’t been bad enough!!

Squad is not good enough. Need Barisic , Kent and Doran’s back ASAP!! Missing Murphy as well but I fear for him after his injury.

Flannagan is a RIGHT back!! Playing on the left he offers nothing going forward!! Halliday is the better option!

Glen Middleton is a kid .. ok he is a very promising kid but we are asking far too much of him. How much did Grezda cost? Fucking play him!! 

Coulibaly has not been the same since his injury. Ejaria has resorted back to his early season form and was a man down last night!  

Tavernier should look at Shinnie and take a leaf out his book! Ok he cheated or at least exaggerated contact to get Morelos sent off but he was never out the refs ear and always there for his team mates. Reminded me of Roy Aitken or Willie Miller. Real team captains who you would run through a brick wall for. 

Aberdeen offered nothing going forward so can’t really have a go at the defence. Thought Jack had another good game but had little support. 

Rangers can be very predictable and Aberdeen dealt well with our wide players. Candieas was kept quiet all night. 

Oh and Kyle Lafferty has to stop playing like a supporter and start playing like a fucking professional football player!! Give me a game and I’ll crash into a few Big centre backs and scream at officials. Expect a helluva lot more from him. Very lucky to stay on the park. 

Aberdeen deserved all three points. Lewis was rarely troubled but great save from Middleton and decent stop from Jack. That was all we had and that’s down to great disciplined defending .. who described McKenna as a makeweight earlier in the thread? Couldn’t be further from the truth and hopefully he goes south as I’d hate to see him across the city.

Aberdeen are very poor offensively. They haven’t replaced the likes of Rooney and Hayes with like for like quality. They need to address this in January or it ll be a long season. Get that sorted and keep the centre backs and they are a decent shout for the cup as on their day they’ll be a match for anyone

8 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Well that was fucking pish. Had to park away down at Drumoyne past the Fairfield Bowling Club. On miserably trudging out the ground I got a nail through bottom of trainers...FFS as if my night hadn’t been bad enough!!

Squad is not good enough. Need Barisic , Kent and Doran’s back ASAP!! Missing Murphy as well but I fear for him after his injury.  We have bought players and then favoured players on loan from other clubs.  Worral has shown no desire to be anywhere other than Forrest.  Ejaria is becoming an enigma who at one point was deeper than McGregor - he seldom passes without a pirouet or god forbid makes a forward pass. 

Flannagan is a RIGHT back!! Playing on the left he offers nothing going forward!! Halliday is the better option!   I actually felt he has done well  defensively despite being on the wrong side of the park - seems to be everyone's scapegoat.  Wallace should be played or released in the absence of Barisic - his continued absence is clearly club politics

Glen Middleton is a kid .. ok he is a very promising kid but we are asking far too much of him. How much did Grezda cost? Fucking play him!!   Middleton is 18 and a star in the making - but agree Grezda needs to be playing - or it's money wasted (like Katic - who has fell completely out of the equation )

Coulibaly has not been the same since his injury. Ejaria has resorted back to his early season form and was a man down last night!  (Agree - Coulibally has went backwards)

Tavernier should look at Shinnie and take a leaf out his book! Ok he cheated or at least exaggerated contact to get Morelos sent off but he was never out the refs ear and always there for his team mates. Reminded me of Roy Aitken or Willie Miller. Real team captains who you would run through a brick wall for.   (I thought Tavernier gave his all - not a born leader unfortunately - so tends to try and lead by example - didn't happen again for him in a big game)

Aberdeen offered nothing going forward so can’t really have a go at the defence. Thought Jack had another good game but had little support.   (180 minutes and we have not troubled them once - but they have stole the game with our inability to defend set pieces.)

Rangers can be very predictable and Aberdeen dealt well with our wide players. Candieas was kept quiet all night.  (Aberdeen happily filtered back and allowed Rangers to implode as Plan A failed - another case where we had no Plan B)

Oh and Kyle Lafferty has to stop playing like a supporter and start playing like a fucking professional football player!! Give me a game and I’ll crash into a few Big centre backs and scream at officials. Expect a helluva lot more from him. Very lucky to stay on the park.  (AGREE)

Aberdeen deserved all three points. Lewis was rarely troubled but great save from Middleton and decent stop from Jack. That was all we had and that’s down to great disciplined defending .. who described McKenna as a makeweight earlier in the thread? Couldn’t be further from the truth and hopefully he goes south as I’d hate to see him across the city. 

Aberdeen are very poor offensively. They haven’t replaced the likes of Rooney and Hayes with like for like quality. They need to address this in January or it ll be a long season. Get that sorted and keep the centre backs and they are a decent shout for the cup as on their day they’ll be a match for anyone

41 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Squad is not good enough. Need Barisic , Kent and Doran’s back ASAP!! Missing Murphy as well but I fear for him after his injury.

Flannagan is a RIGHT back!! Playing on the left he offers nothing going forward!! Halliday is the better option!

Glen Middleton is a kid .. ok he is a very promising kid but we are asking far too much of him. How much did Grezda cost? Fucking play him!! 

Coulibaly has not been the same since his injury. Ejaria has resorted back to his early season form and was a man down last night!  

Tavernier should look at Shinnie and take a leaf out his book! Ok he cheated or at least exaggerated contact to get Morelos sent off but he was never out the refs ear and always there for his team mates. Reminded me of Roy Aitken or Willie Miller. Real team captains who you would run through a brick wall for. 

Aberdeen offered nothing going forward so can’t really have a go at the defence. Thought Jack had another good game but had little support. 

Rangers can be very predictable and Aberdeen dealt well with our wide players. Candieas was kept quiet all night. 

Oh and Kyle Lafferty has to stop playing like a supporter and start playing like a fucking professional football player!! Give me a game and I’ll crash into a few Big centre backs and scream at officials. Expect a helluva lot more from him. Very lucky to stay on the park. 

That's delicious reading I must say.

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

1D55CDF4-E1C8-4FDA-9969-24D0C172440B.jpeg

Archived