Free-scoring Rangers vs Joe Lewis. 5th December

54 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You could argue the excessive force part of the violent conduct law means it shouldn't be a straight red, but even if you want to make that argument it's certainly at least a booking. A brainless thing to do on a yellow.

To be clear I do think deliberately swinging your arm into an opponent's face should be a red card regardless of how hard the contact is and that should be viewed as a stonewall red, but no excessive force was the argument when they won the appeal over his red card at Pittodrie for booting someone off the ball.

excessive force is defined as more than necessary.  Anything gratuitous with any force is excessive.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh well.  It would be condescending to say we were woeful.  We were outfought and outplayed.  Well done Aberdeen.  0-1 is a fair reflection of the evening.

Dolly done good. The bottlers are doing ok in the big games this season, not brilliantly, but ok.

Nice edit - We might have two games in hand on Killie but we don't on others who have more points than us and significantly better goal difference. 

It’s December FFS

Lighten up.

11 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

McGinn clearly doesn't have the pace he once did, so i'd play him through the middle. If he scored for fun in a shit team, what can he do in a decent one? 

I've always found it mad that we played McGinn up front (on his own) for one season, he scored 20 goals and then we never tried it again.

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I've always found it mad that we played McGinn up front (on his own) for one season, he scored 20 goals and then we never tried it again.

Hopefully Cosgrove gets a 20 game ban to force McInnes' hand.

Just now, Romeo said:
3 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:
You're rattled by your teams' bottle job tonight. Would be pleasing if we didn't shite it too.

Still here after a defeat, not like you .

I think you'll find I posted after that defeat. And that was a spectacular self-own with the prior bravado.

Whatever you think about our style, I'm loving how much our team seems to enjoy defending at the moment. When we used to come up against Celtic or Rangers, I'd always get the fear whenever they got within 30 yards of our goal. Even in more recent times, you always felt that, at some point, Ash Taylor would fall over the ball or Langfield/Brown would chuck one in.

With this team, I have total confidence in the defence. 

Archived