Free-scoring Rangers vs Joe Lewis. 5th December

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sevco 5088 Ltd seem to have sorted out their home form, so the key thing for us is to be a hell of a lot better than  we were in that midweek Ibrox shambles round about the time they were courting McInnes last season.

Think Devlin still out, but Considine and McKenna did well at the weekend - with Shay still remaining our biggest defensive bombscare this season.

Mackay-Steven will be an undoubted miss, but I liked the look of McLennan on Sunday (and when he played vs Smurn) and hope he starts.

Will James Wilson even play and if he does, can he be @rsed doing anything or will he just shrug his shoulders in that "don't you know I earn 30 grand a week?" type way.   

Not the ideal fixture after the final, but our opponents have had a busy schedule too, so no excuses..............going for an optimistic 1-1 draw.

12 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

I liked when he said the Dons' strikers are as good as Morelos.

Morelos has scored as many goals this season as Cosgrove, May and Wilson have between them since 2015.

You’ve invented that quote from the Doc.  However, even if he did say it, it’s  purely subjective. Being unbeaten in our last three matches against you, is fact.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

A quote rampage sounds a lot more aggressive than it's probably going to turn out.

I'm a peaceful man my clever friend. My rampages would be more of a gentle notice of disappointment or a passing glance of sadness rather than a full-on red-mist of the DC Universe world!

This is not me.

Rampage-DC-Comics-Kitty-Faulkner-Superman-e.jpg

Just now, kingjoey said:

You’ve invented that quote from the Doc. However, even if he did say it, it’s purely subjective. Being unbeaten in our last three matches against you, is fact.

And the Scottish public (outside of Govan, Larkhall, Belfast and strange little parts of Inverness) will be hoping it's four after tonight. That would be nice. 

COYR

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’ve invented that quote from the Doc.  However, even if he did say it, it’s  purely subjective. Being unbeaten in our last three matches against you, is fact.

I didn't make up any quote:

Docherty said: “Morelos is doing it for Rangers at the moment as he looks confident, is scoring goals and is enjoying doing that.

“We have strikers as good as that, that just need to get on that run.

“To have that belief that they are going to score one or two goals every game.

“We are not that far away from it and will keep working hard at it."

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/docherty-our-strikers-can-go-toe-to-toe-with-the-gers/

21 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

I didn't make up any quote:

Docherty said: “Morelos is doing it for Rangers at the moment as he looks confident, is scoring goals and is enjoying doing that.

“We have strikers as good as that, that just need to get on that run.

“To have that belief that they are going to score one or two goals every game.

“We are not that far away from it and will keep working hard at it."

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/docherty-our-strikers-can-go-toe-to-toe-with-the-gers/

I apologise  unreservedly to you. And I’m really impressed that you have done a fair bit of research on your opponents tonight. Beyond the call of duty. My point still stands though. What the Doc says about Morelos and our strikers is subjective, our unbeaten run is fact.

Archived