Free-scoring Rangers vs Joe Lewis. 5th December

Mackay-Steven is going to be a huge miss for us. McLennan did well when he came on against Celtic, but we sorely missed Mackay-Steven's ingenuity and guile when chasing the game. I'm expecting a similar story here. 

I'm in the small minority that thought Cosgrove played fine enough on Sunday, but he offers next to zero goal threat. He can be good at occupying centre-backs and just generally being an awkward nuisance, but there is always a temptation just to hoof long when he plays. He might well be our best option for this game, though, which doesn't reflect well on the last couple of windows. 

I'd love us to do it, but I expect Rangers to win 2-0 or something. Jack to play irritatingly well. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Silly.  Morelos is in a fine vein of form with goals in 7 (seven) consecutive league matches whereas McKenna is little more than a makeweight in an Aberdeen side that ships goals for fun in the league.

Do we? There was me thinking our problems were at the other end. 

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Silly.  Morelos is in a fine vein of form with goals in 7 (seven) consecutive league matches whereas McKenna is little more than a makeweight in an Aberdeen side that ships goals for fun in the league.

Still pumped your lot out of the league cup though, although given Gerrard is an industrial scale bottle merchant, that's to be expected.

I think we've conceded about the same number of goals as Rangers have with a game less played. I'm sure we'll struggle to keep a clean sheet tonight but generally speaking our major problem isn't the defence, especially on the rare occasion Devlin and McKenna manage to both play.

Who knows what's going to happen tonight. We're missing some of our better players and on the back of a loss. However, I'd like to think we have enough to beat Rangers International even in their own pit. If we are though we are going to have to play some of our best football this season so let's hope everyone turns up tonight. Rangers International are not a bad team, have some good players but more importantly have a big crowd behind them. 

Their record in Govan is good and we shouldn't pretend their shit because their not.

P15 W12 D3 L0 F41 A6

However, we've not lost to them this season and may just be their bogey team this year. Here's hoping.

COYR

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That may or may not be true (I’m going to go for not), but regardless, I’ve no idea what your post has to do with Morelos, who is the most easily wound up player in the Premiership, going out for revenge against our makeweight.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I liked Tony Docherty’s take on the match tonight. “We are unbeaten in our last three matches against Rangers.”

I liked when he said the Dons' strikers are as good as Morelos.

Morelos has scored as many goals this season as Cosgrove, May and Wilson have between them since 2015.

19 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Does no c**t on this forum know how to multiquote?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t.

Yes, I do now and it's much simpler than I thought it would be. You're going to regret this though Principal Flutie as I might just go on a quote rampage...:lol:

Archived