Montrose v Rovers

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, renton said:

It's been 7 years since I was up there. Can Montrose fans give recommendations for pre-match pubs?

Market Arms is on the High Street and there's a Weatherspoons not far from train station I think, that's where we went last time anyway. 

Wetherspoons ( The Picturehouse ) is the first pub you'll come across if arriving by train. The Market Arms is just across the High Street from the Picturehouse. Heading towards Links Park you'll find the Star Hotel and the Albert bar. The Golf Inn is a good boozer and close to LP but it's the other side of LP from the High Street. 

Then you've got the British Legion which is about a 10 seconds walk from the turnstiles.  Anyone gets in on match day. 

2 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Wetherspoons ( The Picturehouse ) is the first pub you'll come across if arriving by train. The Market Arms is just across the High Street from the Picturehouse. Heading towards Links Park you'll find the Star Hotel and the Albert bar. The Golf Inn is a good boozer and close to LP but it's the other side of LP from the High Street. 

Then you've got the British Legion which is about a 10 seconds walk from the turnstiles.  Anyone gets in on match day. 

Pedant-The Picturehouse is a Belhaven pub and not as cheap as a Wetherspoons..

Shocker of a cold and can't go. Gutted too as LP is one of a handful of grounds left for me to tick off... and I wanted to get pished on the train and watch some terrible football in the freezing cold with my pals :(

Hopefully the trip on the last day is a joyful one... 

Anyway, must win.

As for the away crowd, I genuinely have no idea. I though we would have 300 max at Stennie having been on a shocker of a run and we brought 500. December pre-xmas period, however... I think about 350ish. Hope to be wrong!

Last and only time I have been to Montrose was a 2-2 draw back in the 91/92 season. I’m hoping for a win tomorrow but i’ll be holding off on a return trip until the game in May when Arbroath have blown their lead and we are crowned champions.

Dance music hing in The Netherlands for me tomorrow so won’t be going. Never been to Links Park so hopefully get up there at the end of the season. Same team as the last few weeks and I’d like to think we’ll have enough about us to get the win. Arbroath need to crack at some point, don’t they?

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dance music hing in The Netherlands for me tomorrow so won’t be going. Never been to Links Park so hopefully get up there at the end of the season. Same team as the last few weeks and I’d like to think we’ll have enough about us to get the win. Arbroath need to crack at some point, don’t they?

Don Diablo?

47 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Arbroath need to crack at some point, don’t they?

For selfish reasons, I'd love to see Arbroath go unbeaten until the 29th (3 draws would be acceptable) when we can burst their bubble.
After taking care of Rovers tomorrow of course.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Last and only time I have been to Montrose was a 2-2 draw back in the 91/92 season. I’m hoping for a win tomorrow but i’ll be holding off on a return trip until the game in May when Arbroath have blown their lead and we are crowned champions.

Was that a midweek game? You guys were 2-0 up and we pulled it back to 2-2?

5 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Was that a midweek game? You guys were 2-0 up and we pulled it back to 2-2?

I think it was a Saturday game but as I recall we were 2-0 up and it finished 2-2. I seem to recall a guy called Shaun Strang getting a game for us. Might have scored.

just checked and it was played on Saturday 11th January 1992 and Shaun Strang came on as a sub and scored in the 84th minute, so I don’t think we were 2-0 up.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I think it was a Saturday game but as I recall we were 2-0 up and it finished 2-2. I seem to recall a guy called Shaun Strang getting a game for us. Might have scored.

just checked and it was played on Saturday 11th January 1992 and Shaun Strang came on as a sub and scored in the 84th minute, so I don’t think we were 2-0 up.

Must be imagining things in my man-flu  addled state. 

Archived