• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Fide

Killie v Livi

This is the part the OF don't get, just how much a difference it has made to the local & surrounding areas of East Ayrshire.
The town itself is buzzing, people walking around with huge smiles on their faces, not to mention the amount of Killie merchandise not normally woren outside of match days, Then there are the fans & towns folk, stopping to chat in the street with the only topic of conversation being Steve Clarke & the team itself.
Dare i say it but this has to be on a par with the Tommy Burns era or at least extremely close.
This is what its like to be Killie..... or your Ayr's, Livingstone's or any other small town team in times like these.
I like Kilmarnock and Steve Clarke has worked absolute wonders....keeping hold of him might prove a struggle down the line but hope you can. It's good to see a team with smaller resources than the usual suspects mixing it up at the top of the table. Tough team to break down and some real quality up top. Jordan Jones and Greg Stewart are up there with the best players in the league. Enjoy the feel good factor while it lasts mate, we had a similar experience the last few years...in fact I even got a free train fare for wearing my Livi hoody after the ticket boy won money on us being promoted last season. Hold Killie keep it up... except on your return to the macaroni bowl.

Gutted I couldn’t make the game. I had to resort to refreshing my SkySports app every couple of minutes. The stats seem to suggest a pretty even game: Possession: 55/45%; total shots 10/9, on target 4/4; blocked 1/0... but that’s not the impression I’m getting here -  stats really ARE a convenient way to conceal the truth. :lol: I’m guessing we were looking a bit toothless, again?

Seen the two goals on BBC Scotland news and, from a Livi perspective, they look poor. Hard to complain about getting done at a set piece when we’ve being doing that to others. The challenge by Lawson for that second one was absolutely powderpuff (didn’t see any of the build-up before that). I can only assume Jacobs was benched and Lawson picked to get more legs into the team and to save Jacobs for the St. Mirren game. However, can’t help but feeling Jacobs would’ve give us the bite in midfield that it sounds like we missed.

Sounds like a night to forget about! :whistle On to Saturday!

Edited by crispy

8 hours ago, crispy said:

Gutted I couldn’t make the game. I had to resort to refreshing my SkySports app every couple of minutes. The stats seem to suggest a pretty even game: Possession: 55/45%; total shots 10/9, on target 4/4; blocked 1/0... but that’s not the impression I’m getting here -  stats really ARE a convenient way to conceal the truth. :lol: I’m guessing we were looking a bit toothless, again?

Seen the two goals on BBC Scotland news and, from a Livi perspective, they look poor. Hard to complain about getting done at a set piece when we’ve being doing that to others. The challenge by Lawson for that second one was absolutely powderpuff (didn’t see any of the build-up before that). I can only assume Jacobs was benched and Lawson picked to get more legs into the team and to save Jacobs for the St. Mirren game. However, can’t help but feeling Jacobs would’ve give us the bite in midfield that it sounds like we missed.

Sounds like a night to forget about! :whistle On to Saturday!

Watched the game on the Kilmarnock boys facebook and I'd agree with absolutely everything you've said...Stats don't tell the truth of the game...we were never really in it...squared up a bit better in the second half but Kilmarnock were happy with 2-0 by the looks of it. Lawson's "tackle" gets worse every time I see it...Keaghan's tackling has been immense this season and with him in that position I don't think Kilmarnock make it into the box never mind score a goal. As for set pieces, Steve Clarke has really done his homework on us. Spotted a weakness in our defending of set plays and exploited it beautifully but also worked on our strongest attacking set piece tactic. That near post flick wasn't working for us at all. It's not often our defence look anything less than colossal giants but Killie made them look about a foot shorter than they are.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Watched the game on the Kilmarnock boys facebook and I'd agree with absolutely everything you've said...Stats don't tell the truth of the game...we were never really in it...squared up a bit better in the second half but Kilmarnock were happy with 2-0 by the looks of it. Lawson's "tackle" gets worse every time I see it...Keaghan's tackling has been immense this season and with him in that position I don't think Kilmarnock make it into the box never mind score a goal. As for set pieces, Steve Clarke has really done his homework on us. Spotted a weakness in our defending of set plays and exploited it beautifully but also worked on our strongest attacking set piece tactic. That near post flick wasn't working for us at all. It's not often our defence look anything less than colossal giants but Killie made them look about a foot shorter than they are.

I noticed our defence shuffled for the near post flick from the throw ins, especially the ones on the main stand side 1st half, we moved our LB Taylor to a centre back position, with SOD moving in along side him, while both Broadfoot & Scott Boyd took up near post positions to nullify the danger.... it worked a treat.

Edited by C4mmy31

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I noticed our defence shuffled for the near post flick from the throw ins, especially the ones on the main stand side 1st half, we moved our LB Taylor to a centre back position, with SOD moving in along side him, while both Broadfoot & Scott Boyd took up near post positions to nullify the danger.... it worked a treat.

Don't share that info with any other teams though....keep that between us ;)