Killie v Livi

8 hours ago, crispy said:

Gutted I couldn’t make the game. I had to resort to refreshing my SkySports app every couple of minutes. The stats seem to suggest a pretty even game: Possession: 55/45%; total shots 10/9, on target 4/4; blocked 1/0... but that’s not the impression I’m getting here -  stats really ARE a convenient way to conceal the truth. :lol: I’m guessing we were looking a bit toothless, again?

Seen the two goals on BBC Scotland news and, from a Livi perspective, they look poor. Hard to complain about getting done at a set piece when we’ve being doing that to others. The challenge by Lawson for that second one was absolutely powderpuff (didn’t see any of the build-up before that). I can only assume Jacobs was benched and Lawson picked to get more legs into the team and to save Jacobs for the St. Mirren game. However, can’t help but feeling Jacobs would’ve give us the bite in midfield that it sounds like we missed.

Sounds like a night to forget about! :whistle On to Saturday!

Watched the game on the Kilmarnock boys facebook and I'd agree with absolutely everything you've said...Stats don't tell the truth of the game...we were never really in it...squared up a bit better in the second half but Kilmarnock were happy with 2-0 by the looks of it. Lawson's "tackle" gets worse every time I see it...Keaghan's tackling has been immense this season and with him in that position I don't think Kilmarnock make it into the box never mind score a goal. As for set pieces, Steve Clarke has really done his homework on us. Spotted a weakness in our defending of set plays and exploited it beautifully but also worked on our strongest attacking set piece tactic. That near post flick wasn't working for us at all. It's not often our defence look anything less than colossal giants but Killie made them look about a foot shorter than they are.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Watched the game on the Kilmarnock boys facebook and I'd agree with absolutely everything you've said...Stats don't tell the truth of the game...we were never really in it...squared up a bit better in the second half but Kilmarnock were happy with 2-0 by the looks of it. Lawson's "tackle" gets worse every time I see it...Keaghan's tackling has been immense this season and with him in that position I don't think Kilmarnock make it into the box never mind score a goal. As for set pieces, Steve Clarke has really done his homework on us. Spotted a weakness in our defending of set plays and exploited it beautifully but also worked on our strongest attacking set piece tactic. That near post flick wasn't working for us at all. It's not often our defence look anything less than colossal giants but Killie made them look about a foot shorter than they are.

I noticed our defence shuffled for the near post flick from the throw ins, especially the ones on the main stand side 1st half, we moved our LB Taylor to a centre back position, with SOD moving in along side him, while both Broadfoot & Scott Boyd took up near post positions to nullify the danger.... it worked a treat.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I noticed our defence shuffled for the near post flick from the throw ins, especially the ones on the main stand side 1st half, we moved our LB Taylor to a centre back position, with SOD moving in along side him, while both Broadfoot & Scott Boyd took up near post positions to nullify the danger.... it worked a treat.

Don't share that info with any other teams though....keep that between us ;)

Archived