Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just know that if Robinson so much as turned his head to look at him then the guy shouting would have burst in to floods of tears and sprinted to the nearest police officer to demand Robinson's immediate arrest.

Also not the smartest thing to post online as if anyone were to complain about it then there isn't any defence for the guy. It also shows a steward just standing there not bothering.

10 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That's fairly mild compared to the absolute head's gone behaviour from Dunfermline fans last time they were at Firhill tbf.

I wasn't there so I didn't see that, due to the fact no Pars fan was thick enough to video himself doing it then upload it onto twitter. 

This post-mortem isn’t going to change the result. 

Even if that goal was disallowed we’d still have lost the game. 

Everyone sees a game differently and will sometimes, rightly or wrongly,  shout comments or abuse on the strength of what they think they’ve seen. It’s human nature at the football. 

37 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Obviously the focus is on the officials, but what is Robinson's positioning all about? :lol:

Even discounting the odd positioning for Storey's goal, he was all over the shop yesterday. Running out to give the ball to players at throw-ins, up over the halfway line when Dunfermline had a corner, and of course performing an elbow drop on Quitongo which went unpunished.

I think he believes that he's some kind of Manuel Neuer character that can play a sweeper keeper role, but doesn't really understand the concept and just thinks it involves him being anywhere that isn't actually in his goals.

The video is standard brass neck Manpreet, but tbf Robinson is a complete loser, so we'll let him away with this one.

Not to much the boy Manpreet, but I’ll never understand folk who still appear to be utterly furious despite winning. The boy at the front is about to burst a blood vessel.

Even discounting the odd positioning for Storey's goal, he was all over the shop yesterday. Running out to give the ball to players at throw-ins, up over the halfway line when Dunfermline had a corner, and of course performing an elbow drop on Quitongo which went unpunished.

I think he believes that he's some kind of Manuel Neuer character that can play a sweeper keeper role, but doesn't really understand the concept and just thinks it involves him being anywhere that isn't actually in his goals.

The video is standard brass neck Manpreet, but tbf Robinson is a complete loser, so we'll let him away with this one.

‘The Modern Day GK’ as he calls himself. What a riddy.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Obviously the focus is on the officials, but what is Robinson's positioning all about? :lol:

Nothing wrong with his positioning at all tried to reduce angle to cover a potential shot changed position to adjust for cross and saved the shot ,what's your problem caller ?

Not read the full thread, but that was a tough watch yesterday.

In the opening 10-15 minutes, we actually started off not too badly and tried to at least play on the front foot. But, once we conceded, you could see the confidence that gave Thistle and we completely fell out of it until the latter part of the first half. I thought we perhaps could have done more to try and clear or block the ball but it was a smashing strike for the first goal; very good technique to take it like that, IMO.

Robinson had a couple of decent saves thereafter but we at least had a couple of chances. Muirhead's speculative one off the bar and Ashcroft's header off the bar were a bit unfortunate, and to be fair to Thistle's keeper, he had two decent stops either side of the break.

That said, when we went 2-0 down, you could see our team lost belief and then resorted to hacking it up the park. From there, the game was over.

FWIW, I wasn't convinced the ball was over the line for the second goal, but it was hard to judge from where I was sitting. That Robinson wasn't going completely tonto (he's usually not slow in that) seemed a bit of a tell tale sign as well but, regardless of that, we could've done more to prevent the chance in the first place. There was a completely missed tackle in the build up, we didn't stop the cross, and how their player is able to take it, as he did, that close to goal raises questions of our defending.

I felt the hungrier team won yesterday. After they scored, Thistle were the ones snapping into tackles, making sure they won any sort of 50-50, and showed how much they wanted it. A few of our team didn't seem as up for the fight and we were punished for it.

After a good enough performance and result last week, it was a disappointing step backwards. We were too passive in possession; too often, we'd have the ball in the midfield area and, as opposed to someone lifting their head and looking for a forward pass, it was backwards or to the side. We were also too slow in moving the ball; there were so many occasions where we'd look to move forward but, by not playing it quickly enough, Thistle managed to get men behind the ball and ask us to break them down, and we couldn't.

I know the Jags fans have not exactly been praiseworthy of Caldwell so far, but what I will say of him was that he was very animated on the sidelines right throughout the game. He seemed to be constantly encouraging his players. Any reason why Mutombo was subbed? I thought he'd picked up a knock, but he didn't seem happy going off? He looked quite threatening during the first half.

As for us, it wasn't good. Even the players coming over to the fans at the end were getting a bit of stick but people have a right to be frustrated and concerned with how we're performing.

On the flip side, Munn's was good pre-match and you can never go wrong if they're giving out free pies. Highlight of the day.

That's fairly mild compared to the absolute head's gone behaviour from Dunfermline fans last time they were at Firhill tbf.

I was away over at the city end of the JHS but it looked like there was a bit of heads gone from the Pars fans yesterday in the second half down at the front near the corner flag?

Archived